Skip navigation

iOS 5.1.1 have batery loss

37559 Views 153 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 6:00 AM by Lawrence Finch RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • Chuchi83 Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:22 AM (in response to Chuchi83)

    Update on my previous post 2 hours on stand by still at 100%. B

  • KieranBowley Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:25 AM (in response to woodmeister50)

    I get what your saying but its very strange to have suce a decrease in battery life with no configureation changed on the device apart from the 5.1.1 update.

     

    Still have the same apps running, mainly Whatsapp and thats about it and still have the same 3 email accounts on my device as before the update.

     

    Its just hard to believe that its something that we are doing and we are getting far decreased battery life with no configuration change (apart from the iOS update).

  • KieranBowley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:27 AM (in response to Chuchi83)

    When you say reset network settings what exactly did you do? I would like to give this a try.

     

    Did you remove and add all of your mail accounts as well, and remove and add all your Wifi connections?

  • woodmeister50 Level 4 Level 4 (3,690 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:32 AM (in response to Climberfx)

    Another curious question, how was the update done?

    was it OTA, which is incremental, or via iTunes,

    which does a full install of the updated OS?

     

    Just curious whether there may be a connection

    here.

  • M4Specter Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:35 AM (in response to KieranBowley)

    KieranBowley wrote:

     

    I get what your saying but its very strange to have suce a decrease in battery life with no configureation changed on the device apart from the 5.1.1 update.

     

    Still have the same apps running, mainly Whatsapp and thats about it and still have the same 3 email accounts on my device as before the update.

     

    Its just hard to believe that its something that we are doing and we are getting far decreased battery life with no configuration change (apart from the iOS update).

     

    I agree with you.  I did not change anything from 5.1 to 5.1.1.  I usually run three apps during my day: safari, messages, and mail.  I immediately began to experience drain issues when the update was finished.  By the way, I did my update wirelessly on my lunch break at work.

  • Chuchi83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:42 AM (in response to KieranBowley)

    When you reset your network settings it removes all your wifi settings as well. Go to general then go to reset all the way at the bottom then choose reset network settings. The phone will reboot and then when you access your email you will have to delete the accounts and add them again. Then I added my wifi again. Before I did this my phone was burning up and losing power in standby like crazy now it's been more than two hours on standby and 100%. I did the update ota.

  • KieranBowley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:44 AM (in response to Chuchi83)

    Chuchi83 wrote:

     

    When you reset your network settings it removes all your wifi settings as well. Go to general then go to reset all the way at the bottom then choose reset network settings. The phone will reboot and then when you access your email you will have to delete the accounts and add them again. Then I added my wifi again. Before I did this my phone was burning up and losing power in standby like crazy now it's been more than two hours on standby and 100%. I did the update ota.

    Thanks, I will try this!

  • Chuchi83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:54 AM (in response to KieranBowley)

    I hope it works for you. I was getting worried when my phone started draining and heating up like that.

  • KieranBowley Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:55 AM (in response to Chuchi83)

    Chuchi83 wrote:

     

    I hope it works for you. I was getting worried when my phone started draining and heating up like that.

    Luckily mine is not heating, but draining very fast.

  • M4Specter Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 5:12 AM (in response to KieranBowley)

    KieranBowley wrote:

     

    Luckily mine is not heating, but draining very fast.

    Let us know if this works....mine is like yours, not heating up but draining quicker than it should.

  • Chuchi83 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 5:20 AM (in response to KieranBowley)

    I hope it works like it did for me

  • munzonar Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 5:26 AM (in response to munzonar)

    As an update since my post 2 hours ago  I've only to used my phone to check 5 emails and the weather. I've gone from 31% to 1%.  I am this not to complain but to inform as I've experienced a radical change in the behaviour of my phone since I performed the update. As I said in my previous post I have also experienced a total crash, which of course could be unrelated to the update and more app related. The battery drain is a real problem for me .

  • sylvest Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 6:33 AM (in response to munzonar)

    I have the same issue for the battery problem. IOS 5.1.1......... disappointed.

  • Yan870126 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 6:36 AM (in response to Leann O.)

    i let the battery drain till it shutdown and charged back to 100% full then it's still the same.

    half and hour drained me 12%...this is redicullas man~!

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.