Skip navigation

If I send my 4S for service what should I do?

157 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 6:16 AM by Lara07 RSS
Lara07 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 8, 2012 9:09 PM

My husband's iPhone 4S hasn't been charging properly for the past few weeks, so I called Apple and they told me to go to my local UPS store and send it in to them to either see if it can be fixed or if he needs a new one. My husband is freaking out now because he is going to be without a phone for at least one week or more and was wondering if there is such a thing as a "temporary" phone/a phone that can be given to him to use in that time period? Does anyone know of such a thing, or would I have to call Apple and ask them?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1
  • randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (53,585 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 10:04 PM (in response to Lara07)

    I've never heard of them providing a "loaner".  If you are near an Apple store take it to them for evaluation.  If there is a hardware problem and the phone hasn't been damaged or jailbroken they will probably replace it on the spot.  Regardless of what you do, be sure to sync the phone before sending it in to create a new backup.  You will need this if your phone is replaced, to restore your data and settings.  Also, be sure to back up your contacts, either in a supported program such as Outlook, or by syncing them to a cloud service such as Google, or by syncing them to iCloud (Settings>iCloud>turn Contacts to On).  Also import any photos from the phone to your computer (


More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.