Currently Being ModeratedMay 11, 2012 3:01 PM (in response to Keith Llewelyn)
Try and close all inactive apps
1. Double-click the Home button to see all Inactive Apps in Task Bar
2. Hold the Apps down for a second or two until you see the minus sign
3. Tap the minus sign to close App
4. Tap center of screen to return to Home Screen
5. Reset iPad. Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 second until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the red slider
Currently Being ModeratedMay 11, 2012 3:03 PM (in response to Keith Llewelyn)
It's old and frankly it was underpowered when it was released. 256 MB RAM and a single core processor isn't very fun, especially ever since I upgraded from 1st gen to 3rd. Developers aren't supporting it as much either, due to the ghastly low specs.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 11, 2012 6:40 PM (in response to Keith Llewelyn)
If you have updated apps, the apps were updated for the display on the new iPad. In most cases, the updated apps have larger file sizes than the apps for iPad 1/2. So, it will probably take slightly longer to open/close the apps.