Currently Being ModeratedSep 23, 2012 8:02 AM (in response to nicole723)
Following the above procedure (complete deletion and reistall of wifi connection via USB lead) would often lead to a print out of the backed up print queue and the printer would work until I turned it off. Then nothing, it would find the printer and say it was off line. I eventually turned the wifi off on the imac and as I was connected to the printer via the network cable (infrastructure mode?) and not the USB it all worked.
I don't think it is supposed to work this way but it did.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 21, 2012 10:44 AM (in response to nicole723)
I have an officejet 6500 and a brand new brother mfc-j435w printer. The officejet wireless printer has never worked and the brother printer worked once and then stopped working after only 1 print job. I unplugged my wireless router, counted to 10, and plugged the power back in. It worked! I can see both printers and was able to add them to my printers on my new macbook air. Maybe it's the router that's causing the trouble, and not the mac and printers?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2012 5:48 AM (in response to isisandgranta)
Samsung Web Site help was very good. replied in a few days and told me to use the ethernet cable to set up and not the USB.
You need to configure the network and wireless setting via Ethernet cable. follow the steps below to do so.
1. connect your printer to your home hub/router via ethernet cable.
2. print off a configuration report from the printer by holding thestop/start button for 4 seconds.
3. take the printers i.p address from the config report and type it into your web browser on tour computer.
4. You will now be on the Sync thru web server. Select settings and then network settings.
5. Next select the wireless option on the left of the screen and follow the easy wireless wizzard.
It worked for me.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 30, 2013 5:58 PM (in response to isisandgranta)
Holy cow! After 2 hours of trying every iteration of installing drivers, uninstalling drivers, and the wireless setup program, this worked for me on the FIRST TRY! Thank you!!!