I don't even have hope to solve this problem anymore but I guess I should post this anyway and show apple the crap software they're giving us.
I'm on Lion 10.7.4 (iTunes 10.6.1) and, after upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 5.1.1, my Wifi sync with iTunes stopped working. Out of nowhere. Looking for an answer I started digging on apple foruns and found out there are dozens of threads discussing the problem and literally hundreds of possible solutions. I've tried the following:
- Restart iTunes and iPhone (full power cycle).
- Check the "Sync over Wifi" option on iTunes when iPhone is connected using cable
- Uncheck the "Block iPhone, iPod and iPad from automatically sync" on iTunes > preferences > devices.
- Restart Router
- Reinstalling iTunes
- Restore iPhone
- Move to trash "com.apple.iTunes" and "MobileDevices.framework" files. Restart Mac after.
- Make Airport on Mac and iPhone forget the saved networks and reconfig them
- Open ports on router 123 (all), 3689 (TCP) and 5353 (UDP)
- Disable and enable uPnP on router
- Install Remote app
- Use "Release Liase" option on iPhone under Settings > General > Network > Wifi > Blue Arrow
NONE solved it. I gave up. Apple *****.
- Remote app doesn't work at all. I can't use it under Home Sharing or that code thing. My phone and Mac simple can't see each other anymore.
- iPhone conects fine using cable. Everything is working and, when I pull out the cable, iPhone vanish from the list. Even with the Wifi option enabled.
So, if any of you can solve it, you will have a place in heaven. And in Apple developing team, probably.