Currently Being ModeratedDec 20, 2011 8:25 AM (in response to jobear(ns))
I tried adding Costco as a relationship (feels weird), but it still does the same thing. I have to say the whole reminder in one line, or else it doesn't recognize the location. Is this a Canadian thing? Does it work 100% for anyone outside of the US?
Currently Being ModeratedJan 28, 2012 7:18 AM (in response to jneusch)
I've set my grocery store etc. in my contacts but Siri is still not understanding when I say it. strangely though she understands when I say my other relationships name like my father's and my brother's but not my grocery store. It sure would be nice if someone from Apple would chime in on this to let us know the proper way to set reminders for locations but we are not at currently.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 9, 2012 11:35 AM (in response to jneusch)
This is how I got this feature to work, which frustrated me for an hour or so. I just want to be reminded to check my shopping list when I arrive at target!!
- Find business with maps app, add it as a new contact.
- In contacts, go to your contact. Click edit.
- Go to the relationships area create a new relationship with the business you want to remember. Usually, there is a field on the bottom of the list with the wrong label (mine always says parent.)
- tap the wrong label for the relationship, go to the bottom of the relationship list, and create new label. DO NOT PUT "the" in front of your label. So if you want to remember hospital, just type hospital.
- Save your contact.
- Say your sentence to Siri - Remind me when I arrive at the store to check my shopping list. It should work, at least it does for me.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 3, 2012 8:11 AM (in response to alejandro205)
Thanks so much! I have the exact same issue with Costco that others have mentioned and most of my location-based reminders set up the first time automatically. Using your method for Costco finally worked! I'll use this for things that don't work automatically from now on.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 29, 2012 11:58 AM (in response to jneusch)
- Go to native iPhone Maps app.
- Enter address for your destination (i.e., the Costco you're referring to)
- Click arrow on right of drop pin label:
- Click "Add to Contacts"
- Create New Contact (do NOT add to existing contact)
- The name of your new contact will default to the address you entered. Change this to the name you will call this destination.
That's it. This worked for Costco, Safeway, Target... all of 'em. Good luck!