I have an important issue with all my MacBook and MacBook Pro.
I have installed Windows 8 Developer Preview a long time ago and was experiencing random freezes.
At that time, I have tried any possible solution to fix it... nothing worked and no solution on forums.
I have then got my hands on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, but the problem was still there.
Now, Windows 8 Release Preview is out and the problem is still there.
I can't find any solution to this issue. It is not a crash but a real freeze.
I have to push the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then power it on.
I have tried several possibilites:
- on my MacBook Pro with a SSD
- on my MacBook (1st generation of unibody but not yet renamed in Pro) with a HDD
- in a VHD, in bootcamp partition, even as unique partition (removing any Mac OS system).
Nothing works. The freezes are very random (already happened before the login phase !).
I can stay with the system stable for 2-3 days, but sometimes it crashes after a few seconds.
I identified that Chrome and Dropbox made the system to freeze quicker, but I am not sure why.
I was thinking of 3 possibilites of issue:
- the driver of the graphic card (but it is not exactly the same in both MacBook)
- some special/reserved disk space that Windows would be trying to write
- a memory issue (trying to write in an unsafe or protected memory place)
Do someone experience this kind of freeze ?
Do someone get a fully working and never get any freeze with Windows 8 on a MB or MBP ?
It seems to work fine for people with newest MB and MBP, and MB air. I am not sure it is true.