HT4380: Apple TV: About the status lightLearn about Apple TV: About the status light
Currently Being ModeratedMar 17, 2012 2:11 AM (in response to CSirRichard)
- To put the Apple TV into Standby mode, click the Menu button on the remote until the main menu is onscreen.
- Scroll down to the last option in the left column, Settings. Choose it.
- Scroll down to the last option in right column, Standby. Choose it.
- You'll know the Apple TV is in standby mode because the white light on the front of the case will turn off and it will stop sending video to your TV.
- Wake it up by clicking any button on the remote.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 15, 2012 12:54 AM (in response to b j t)
There's an even faster/better solution:
1) Click the menu button until you get up to Main menu.
2) Press the "enter" button (the one in the middle of the direction buttons) for about 5 seconds. Your Apple TV will turn off (or stanby).
That's all! You see? it's easy and fast enough!