Currently Being ModeratedJun 20, 2012 8:15 PM (in response to Tmortn)
Tmortn response is the best. The number of times to need to cancel depends on how many messages are "backlogged" on the ipad. I kept on cancelling and FINALLY was able to use the ipad again. The ipad didn't recognize the correct password, so I had to delete and re-establish the exchange account.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 25, 2012 11:42 AM (in response to jomamano)
From januari 17th a outstanding problem is reported.Every month I get in a loop with the exchange password.
- Entering my password twice and shutting down does not work.
- Clicking cancel for a few 100 times is NO fun!
- Waiting till the battery is empty for clearing the cache means that my Ipad is out for a few hours/days.
Apple : 'Can you please answer this topic with a decent reply/solution?'
At the moment I'm tapping cancel very frustrated, hope this is solved quickly.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2012 11:05 AM (in response to jomamano)
Hi - I have this problem and have been trying Cancel but wihtout success. How can I turn my Ipad off without having to do "Slide to poweroff", as with the "Password Incorrect" box up I can't move the slider!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 29, 2012 8:35 AM (in response to jomamano)
I was able to solve this by:
- Double-press the home button to get the list of icons of running apps
- Swipe until you see the mail app icon
- Touch and hold the mail app icon until it begins to shake and an x appears on the upper left corner of the icon.
- Touch the x on the upper left hand corner of the mail app icon. This will stop the app, and the icon should disappear from the list of running apps.
- The password prompting should end at this point.
- Go into mail setup and update your password.
Everything should be working fine now. Hope this works for you too.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 30, 2012 4:17 PM (in response to jomamano)
Actually, I had to go thru the whole "reset the box and re-enter the pw" circus twice to clear the problem. Apple needs to fix their bugs and take the anal-retention out of their security!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 23, 2012 1:05 PM (in response to jomamano)
This would seem to be a bug either with IOS or with Microsoft, obvously it's definately quirky. There are some work arounds like mentioned here but no real fix so it works smoothly. Has anyone seen an Apple or Microsoft article on the subject? So far I can't seem to find any statements about the problem.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 5, 2012 7:52 AM (in response to jomamano)
For me, knowing my password is not the issue. My password did not work. I do not know if I hit "cancel" the magic number of times or not, but after failing to get past the Enter the password for the Exchange account "..."" question at least 10 times, I typed my hotmail address in the window (not the password). I was rejected. Then I typed the password for that email address in the window and the password was accepted. I now have a workable iPad.. Hope this can help someone.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 6, 2012 1:21 PM (in response to jomamano)
I just got stuck in this and here's what worked for me (on an ipad 3).
1) double click home button to get at task manager (gestures will still work in the task bar). Kill all applications.
2) hold down power button and home button at same time until unit shuts off
3) click and hold power until boot starts
4) as soon as boot is finished, launch settings
5) go into mail settings and delete offending account
You need to be quick on steps 4 & 5 as the dialogs started appearing again.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 22, 2013 9:27 AM (in response to pdbreen)
PDBreen's solution totally worked for me! Thank you!