Currently Being ModeratedFeb 23, 2012 7:05 AM (in response to kinstonfrombeijing)
Kinston, please check if you have Files (Attachments other than Pictures) in a table. If yes, delete those items from the table and put them below (not in a table).
Hope that helps
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 27, 2012 8:27 PM (in response to boboconnell)
Same problem here, it comes up with a new wiki and plain text only.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 7, 2012 3:30 AM (in response to EruMantis)
is there another way to align text right from an image in the wiki? I can't seem to find the way to do it other than putting it in a table... but then you hit this problem obviously... the wiki-editor seems to be very insufficient to me.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 11, 2012 12:00 PM (in response to boboconnell)
I strongly recommend that you do not modify the database by hand.
Can you post the contents of /var/log/collabd/coreclient.log and /var/log/collabd/collabd.log at the time when you click save?
Currently Being ModeratedMay 2, 2012 7:54 AM (in response to andrewnesbitt)
I spoke with apple on several occasions regarding "Checking Page Status..." issue and as of right now there is no resolution yet. I have several hundred users on the Apple Wiki server it is very spotty in who is having the issue. I have seen issues from people having Documents within a table having the message to people just trying to add text to a page with no tables at all. This appears to be a premature product from Apple. They should start from scratch with this product and work out all the kinks. I have tried all suggestions from this discussion board.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 6, 2012 2:10 PM (in response to andrewnesbitt)
I noticed have the "checking page status error" upon saving one particular page. The problem started today. I successfully uploaded a jpg to a table. Then the next time I accessed the wiki, I tried to replace that jpg with a new one, and I haven't been able to save any changes since. My collabd.log file doesn't show anything during this time. Here is a snippet from coreclient.log at that time:
Started GET "/wiki/entities/a03e007b-4cd3-4c33-b833-33e3522dff45/latest_revision" for 10.100.9.66 at Sun May 06 14:06:53 -0700 2012
Processing by EntitiesController#latest_revision as JS
Rendered text template (0.0ms)
Completed 200 OK in 87ms (Views: 0.8ms)
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2012 6:35 PM (in response to spookybathtub)
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2012 6:40 PM (in response to andrewnesbitt)
Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem now. I fixed it by deleting the whole table. By the way, does anyone know how to restore the default main page table? I've found the images, but I don't know where the code is for that welcome page.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 29, 2012 9:43 PM (in response to boboconnell)
Same here, had the same experience when first adding a table, and tried to edit it (adding name numbers in to it), got the "Checking page status .."window. I permanently deleted the page, created a new page, emptied it, saved it, added a table, saved it, edited table, saved. Works sofar, but does not seem the most reliable option.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 4, 2012 3:31 AM (in response to boboconnell)
I did the follows and it works for me:
I go to History (under the tab "Documents infor" on the right hand of wiki page) and select the last-okay-version. When I select that, on top of the page will appear a tab with two options "Restore" and "Show changes". I select the "Restore". It will come back to the last version of you wiki page. Then I upload files to table again. No problem!
Of course, doing this, we loss some data (which we are trying to update) but it still be better than delete the whole wiki and do it again.
Hope this is helpful for all of you.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 4, 2012 4:58 AM (in response to Bao Anh Thai)
Thank you very muvh for your feedback, that is a good alternative !
Currently Being ModeratedAug 10, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to boboconnell)
In OSX mountain lion server edition wiki server for pasting content from other sources in have found this to be reliable. Using an MS Word document as the source (for example):
Several steps here, but this appears to work nearly perfectly (other than inline images):
- Open document in word
- Save document as FILTERED HTML
- Open filtered HTML in notepad (so that you see all the markup)
- Create new wiki page for document
- Edit wiki page
- Use HTML SNIPPET button to create HTML SNIPPET
- Paste ENTIRE page of HTML into snippet
- Hit MATCH STYLES – this removes and cleans up HTML
- Hit SAVE – page will look funny initially until you refresh – I think what it does is replaces markup with CSS markup, which doesn’t get applied until page is re-rendered..
- Page will then look perfect and be properly editable with new tables feature etc etc.
This process does involved multiple steps, but the net result is a cleaned up document that then is fully wiki ized – and there appear to be fewer post-formatting issues (at least with the few pages I have done so far) than with the prior wiki setup.
The only issue I have run into is that images of course don’t come over – and would have to be uploaded after.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 23, 2013 11:45 AM (in response to boboconnell)
I have found that the "checking page status" occurs when Safari is set to "Private Browsing". I turned that off and all my stuck pages worked like a charm.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 23, 2013 11:47 AM (in response to boboconnell)
Check if you have private browsing turned on. that is what caused the problem for me.