HT2486: Mac Basics: Address BookLearn about Mac Basics: Address Book
Currently Being ModeratedJul 10, 2012 11:26 AM (in response to tobyfromgarland)
Dropping and recreating my "me" card worked for me to resolve the problem. See https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3342075?start=0&tstart=0
Currently Being ModeratedJul 10, 2012 12:22 PM (in response to tobyfromgarland)
Sorry, but I'll need to amend my earlier comment. Dropping and recreating my "me" card seemed to work, but only because of a strange problem with synchronizing the "me" card with iCloud. Once that was done, the problem came back.
However, I was able to finally fix the issue by doing the following:
- Verify that the "me" card in iCloud shows the correct photo.
- From the System Preferences app, go to iCloud preferences.
- De-select "Contacts". When prompted, specify that you want to delete local contacts (if you are ok with that...)
- Select "Contacts". When prompted, choose to merge contacts.
- Verify that the "me" card photo appears as expected.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 15, 2012 4:24 PM (in response to trunkmonkey0351)
None of the above solutions worked for me, but this did.
1. Save profile picture to desktop.
2. Close address book.
3. Open System Preferences and navigate to Users and Groups
4. Click on Admin (probably already selected by default)
5. Update Admin picture with the photo on desktop.
It should virtually instantly reflect on the Address Book profile picture.