Currently Being ModeratedJul 8, 2012 7:19 AM (in response to RicOscar)
This process has been a royal pain in the .... Take a look here:
I've found some success in using the command line method. And I have yet to make this work when the replica is on a remote subnet.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 9, 2012 8:04 AM (in response to RicOscar)
I am sure the XSAN part is not of the issue, but rather the latter, 10.7 and replica. I have had issues in the past although I had to do a lot of digging to get it to work. Will say that subnetting is an issue when it comes to a replica, although 10.6 was also troublesome to say the least. When I created the replica I actually had to keep the console open on the master to view the logs and what I found was interesting to say the least. Now I am not sure if 10.7.4 fixes this but I would suggest that you boot the Server and login as root. Then open Server Admin and create the replica. I noticed that did not produce so many errors on either side. I did post this to Apple but do not have the case # for it. I would try this and let me know what occurs. It would also help if you can post log data so I can help further.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 11, 2012 3:47 PM (in response to RicOscar)
Hi Strontium90 and rkovelman,
I downloaded the server admin app and tried to configure the replica from there and after a couple of minutes (in the maentime the clients were disconnected from the XSAN!!) it came with the replica OK but in the matedata controller status it showed a sign saying "incorrect search policies". It was a matter of configure the master server in the "User accounts" login options.
Now all is green and happy!!
Thank you very much for all of your help!
All the Best