Skip navigation

unable to download boot camp 4 windows software

152229 Views 98 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 2:53 PM by Susan Hull RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)

    carlos.v.gonzalez wrote:

     

    I think it's obvious what's going on, Apple don't want Mac Users to use BootCamp anymore.

    Then why provide it for millions of users .......

  • carlos.v.gonzalez Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 5:09 AM (in response to Csound1)

    If you read the forum title and users complains you see that Apple provided but don't want to provide bootcamp drivers any more! This is the Fact!

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)

    carlos.v.gonzalez wrote:

     

    If you read the forum title and users complains you see that Apple provided but don't want to provide bootcamp drivers any more! This is the Fact!

    Incorrect Carlos, drivers are available from the BCA, I download them fairly regularly without problems. Sort your computer out and download them, ranting is tacky.

  • kisnord Calculating status...

    Okay, i spend 3 days to make my win7 working on the mac mini, i read a tons of websites, i searched hours on the net to find the win7 bootcamp drivers, and noone said/write that these drivers are inside the lion. I thought i write it down maybe this can help for someone, Im sorry if this information is uncomfortable for someone, i ended my career on this forum by now.

  • carlos.v.gonzalez Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 5:25 AM (in response to Csound1)

    TItle "unable to download boot camp 4 windows software"

    1- If you can download the drivers fairly regularly without problems, then I don't know what are you here doing, since this thread is for people, and seems to be lots of them that have problems downloading the Boot Camp Drivers.

     

    2 - I know how to "hack" and search for hiding BootCamp Drivers on the Original DVD, but theorically Boot Camp Assitant should download them and not giving me an error like "Unable to donwload"

     

    3 - Most of people don't know where to find the BootCamp Drivers nor they should, since it supposed to BootCamp Assitant to burn those on a cd/dvd, but since it gives an error it won't happend.

     

    By the way, I don't have the original dvd with me right now, so if you give me a direct link to the BootCamp drivers I and lot of users will be happy, and I don't mean just the Updates, since that don't do much without the original BootCamp Drivers!

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)

    carlos.v.gonzalez wrote:

     

    TItle "unable to download boot camp 4 windows software"

    1- If you can download the drivers fairly regularly without problems, then I don't know what are you here doing, since this thread is for people, and seems to be lots of them that have problems downloading the Boot Camp Drivers.

     

    2 - I know how to "hack" and search for hiding BootCamp Drivers on the Original DVD, but theorically Boot Camp Assitant should download them and not giving me an error like "Unable to donwload"

     

    3 - Most of people don't know where to find the BootCamp Drivers nor they should, since it supposed to BootCamp Assitant to burn those on a cd/dvd, but since it gives an error it won't happend.

     

    By the way, I don't have the original dvd with me right now, so if you give me a direct link to the BootCamp drivers I and lot of users will be happy, and I don't mean just the Updates, since that don't do much without the original BootCamp Drivers!

     

    On this thread are approximately 20 people unable to make it work, including you with your bizarre ideas about 'hidden' drivers. Most people don't need to know where the drivers are, BCA will get them anyhow. Torrents are a dangerous source, stop suggesting that people use them. It appears that you have made no attempt to troubleshoot your issue, merely complained about it.

     

    If you lost your DVD buy another.

  • Susan Hull Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 6:33 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Wow. Ton o' stuff duly read through, sidestepping the rants...and still I can't use BCA to download drivers--same "not available" message as others get. Where I'm going is to install Win 7 in the partition, then use Parallels to run it; I think you, Csound1, saw my post about that.

     

    Can't find anything BC-related on Snow Leopard install disk; if I'm not looking in the right folder, can someone direct me? 'Optional Installs' doesn't identify its contents...maybe that's it?

     

    Or, if available from Apple, anybody got a URL? Looked here http://support.apple.com/downloads/#boot%20camp, but unsure how to proceed.

     

    Thanks for any guidance. Unlike some, most less experienced users hugely appreciate the time and expertise you pros give to the rest of us, and for free.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 6:40 PM (in response to radiokid311)

    radiokid311 wrote:

     

    No not yet.  I've been reading further in some other posts and saw that someone said that there are only Boot Camp 4.0 windows software updates for the Mac Book Air and that the rest of us have no upgrade at the present time.  I'm not sure if that's true or not. Can anyone confirm that?

    That is untrue.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 6:41 PM (in response to Susan Hull)

    Susan Hull wrote:

     

    Wow. Ton o' stuff duly read through, sidestepping the rants...and still I can't use BCA to download drivers--same "not available" message as others get. Where I'm going is to install Win 7 in the partition, then use Parallels to run it; I think you, Csound1, saw my post about that.

     

    Can't find anything BC-related on Snow Leopard install disk; if I'm not looking in the right folder, can someone direct me? 'Optional Installs' doesn't identify its contents...maybe that's it?

    Are you looking for it in OSX or Windows, you should be using Windows. Just boot windows, insert the disc and run Setup.exe.

  • Susan Hull Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 6:54 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Windows 7 isn't recognizing the disk and Mac OS is claiming it. I know there's a control panel item for turning external drive on/off, but I can't find it. Know where that is?

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 6:57 PM (in response to Susan Hull)

    OSX has nothing to do with the Window drivers, you can ONLY install them in Windows, what happens when you insert the disk, (in Windows)

  • Susan Hull Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 7:03 PM (in response to Csound1)

    I have Snow Leopard with Fusion running Win 7. When I insert the Snow Leopard disk with Win 7 active, OS X opens it. Win 7 doesn't see it--not on desktop, no D drive (media drive) at all under Computer, which is where it should be. There's a Win 7 setting somewhere to turn on/off recognition of inserted disks, so I'm guessing that's the issue. I thought it was a Control Panel item, but I'm not finding it.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 7:05 PM (in response to Susan Hull)

    Then you have not set Fusion correctly, set it so you are offered a choice of which OS loads the disk, right now OSX has priority. Look in Fusions settings to change it.

  • Susan Hull Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 7:05 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Correction: D: drive is shown on Computer, but it says VM Ware Tools is in it. Just not so. Snow Leopard is in iMac's one and only media drive. What am I missing?

  • Susan Hull Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 7:07 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Thank you, thank you. That's the setting I was remembering.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (4)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.