Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 12:46 PM (in response to Cornellio)
It sounds like you don't have an IP or DNS server address.
You could go to System Preferences -> Network -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced and have a look at TCP/IP and DNS.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 12:51 PM (in response to ArnieAZ)
Well, it's clearly not my internet because my iMac still works on the same network. I can also stream music via my Airport Express via MacBook Air on the same network. This is the third time with a major update of the OS.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 1:09 PM (in response to ArnieAZ)
So, if I need to look at DNS or IP, what to look for? This is beyond my knowledge ;)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 1:22 PM (in response to Cornellio)
Well your IP addr is based on your router. Mac router usally give you a 10.0.1.xx other routers will be like 192.168.1.xx. Your DNS (domain name server) is based on your service provider and router. Mine is 10.0.1.1.
You could also Renew your DHCP lease. (Same page that displays your IP address).
Your router provides all this via DHCP. So make sure the Configure IPv4 is set to DHCP.
Again on the TCP/IP page.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 2:26 PM (in response to ArnieAZ)
Well, I did look at that, IP and DNS is not empty, there are indeed 192.xxxx and DNS is also not empty. I also did the Renew DCHP Lease.
Still not working..
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2012 2:34 PM (in response to ArnieAZ)
Thanks anyway. I hope that Apple will fix this, because I will never do another update like this, not on my MBA, and not on my other iMacs, because everytime I update one, the same problem occures.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 29, 2012 9:02 AM (in response to Cornellio)
Hey I just foud this on this forum. It's worth a try :-)
Also, are you able to ping the network. Go to Terminal and type the following:ping google.com
you should get something like this:
Arnolds-MacBook-Air:~ arnieaz$ ping google.com
PING google.com (188.8.131.52): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=25.236 ms
64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=29.222 ms
I had similar issues to the ones that seem to be plaguing people in this thread. However, I found a solution that worked for me, and will hopefully help you and some others!
System prefs > Network > Cog/gear button on the bottom left (sorry dont now what it's called) > Set service order.
If you find that the service order puts bluetooth ahead of Wifi, try switching Wifi up to the top spot. It worked for me. Let me know how it goes, hopefully it works!
Best of luck, Chris