I found a fix
I was having major issues with the Notes app in the new Mountain Lion update. Here are the problems I was having:
- Notes was displaying two iCloud accounts when I only have one.
- Notes on Mac were not pushing to iOS devices.
- Notes on Mac were duplicating over and over.
- Click on mac HD/ library /caches. drag all the contents in the folder to the trash
- Click on the finder click go, hold the option key and click on libraries (will not appear if you don't hold the option key). go to the caches folder again and again drag everything in the folder to the trash.
- Click on the finder click go, hold the option key and click on containers. Drag com.apple.notes to the trash
- Restart your computer.
- Empty trash.
- Try to open notes again.
Anyways, hope everyone finds this helpful
Thank you so much seantw! That was annoying the heck out of me to. I found it a little difficult to follow, but it worked!
1. Notes displaying two iCloud accounts.
2. Notes on Mac are not pushing to iOS devices.
3. Nots on Mac are duplicating over and over.
1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Uncheck Mail
2. Open mail. Go to mail > preferences > accounts. Make sure there is no iCloud present. If there is, delete it.
3. Go to Macintosh HD > Library > caches.
4. Select all, delete the files. (Some may be left behind. Leave them alone.)
5. Go to finder. Locate Go on the top left of the screen.
6. Go to Go > hold Option Key > Library > Caches
7. Select all, delete the files. (Some may be left behind. Leave them alone.)
8. Go to Go > hold Option Key > Library > Containers
9. Delete the file named com.apple.notes
10. Restart your computer.
11. Empty trash.
12. Open notes. Should be fixed.
13. Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Check Mail
Hope this makes it a little more clear, but all praise to seantw