Currently Being ModeratedAug 1, 2012 2:39 AM (in response to mmansson)
Ok. I have found a workaround.
In the Server app i deselected Digest (CRAM-MD5) and choose Active Directory instead. Then i opened Profilemanager and removed the iOS Mail Payload configured by the server app and added a new one with Password and SSL as the authentication type.
Now it works. But still strange why MD5 Challenge doesn't work along with Password.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 2, 2012 9:52 AM (in response to mmansson)
Have the same issue.
Will not work correctly when CRAM-MD5 is selected for Windows clients sending mail.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 3, 2012 7:13 AM (in response to mmansson)
I have tried your workaround, but I am still getting the same problem. I would like to know which port you use?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 3, 2012 7:27 AM (in response to curriebwoi)
I'm using 143 for incoming and 587 for outgoing.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 3, 2012 7:29 AM (in response to mmansson)
Are you using these with any authentication, such as SSL?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 3, 2012 7:59 AM (in response to mmansson)
Still no luck with getting it to work, getting error "The Server responded 504.5.5.2<machine name>:H
Currently Being ModeratedAug 10, 2012 10:57 AM (in response to mmansson)
On the server where you had this issue were you bound to an Active Directory server?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 12, 2012 4:40 AM (in response to David Kurtz2)
I'm using Open Directory. Not sure if the server is bound to an Active Directory?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 14, 2012 11:14 AM (in response to curriebwoi)
I finally had this problem solved. Apparently during the upgrade, new postfix files are created in the ;Mail/Config/postfix location. The main.cf in this location should be modified by removing from the "reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname from the line smtpd_helo_restrictions.
After you have made this change, restart your mail service.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 8:45 AM (in response to curriebwoi)
Hmm, i removed the line but it does not help me ?
I did run following command in terminal:
sudo pico /Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix/main.cf
Removed the "reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname" from the line smtpd_helo_restrictions.
Saved the file and restarted Mail service
get this in log when i try to send from a windows client with Outlook2010:
Aug 15 17:42:09 lundmark.jetoma.se log: auth: Error: od(annicalundmark,192.168.20.103): Authentication server failed to complete the requested operation.
Aug 15 17:42:09 lundmark.jetoma.se log: auth: Error: od(annicalundmark,192.168.20.103): authentication failed for user=annicalundmark, method=DIGEST-MD5
Have tryed different ports like 25 and 587 with SSL, TLS and "none" in SMTP advanced settings on klient.
I did use the same instructions before in Lion server and there it did work ?!
Any more ideas ?
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to Jorglund)
Can I see your main.cf file, the last part.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 8:53 AM (in response to curriebwoi)
Here it is
mydomain_fallback = localhost
message_size_limit = 10485760
biff = no
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, [::1]/128
smtpd_client_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated reject_rbl_client z$
recipient_delimiter = +
smtpd_tls_ciphers = medium
inet_protocols = all
inet_interfaces = all
config_directory = /Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix
smtpd_enforce_tls = no
smtpd_use_pw_server = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/certificates/lundmark.jetoma.se.ACE06F7BA56B8ABCBAFB1B82FF4F3C10$
mydomain = jetoma.se
smtpd_pw_server_security_options = cram-md5,gssapi,login,plain,digest-md5
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/certificates/lundmark.jetoma.se.ACE06F7BA56B8ABCBAFB1B82FF4F3C106ED$
content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated permit_mynetworks reject_unauth_de$
header_checks = pcre:/Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix/custom_header_checks
myhostname = lundmark.jetoma.se
smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_invalid_helo_hostname
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/certificates/lundmark.jetoma.se.ACE06F7BA56B8ABCBAFB1B82FF4F3C106$
enable_server_options = yes
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/Library/Server/Mail/Config/postfix/system_user_maps
virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
mailbox_transport = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = lundmark.jetoma.se
postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.spamhaus.org*2
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
Currently Being ModeratedAug 15, 2012 8:55 AM (in response to Jorglund)
Hi Jörgen and curriebwoi,
Removing the line "reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname" does not solve this issue. I have tried myself. That's related to another issue with outlook clients. See -> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3023
The workaround that's working for me now is like I wrote earlier. Change the autentication type to Active Directory in the mail settings in the Server app. Then change the profile for the iPhones to use password as authentication instead of MD5 Challenge.