Currently Being ModeratedAug 19, 2012 9:50 PM (in response to Fisheye16HP)
If You've got Roxio Toast™ 11 Pro - Then You need nothing more.
It can backconvert a NON Commersial DVD to streamingDV or AIC to be used for futher editing. Quality will never be as original but best that can be done (I think).
You select the left most option - not Audio-CD or DVD or Copy ---> Convert
And then You select Your DVD
Then the big red round button down to the right (at least in Toast™ 10) and now select AIC if for FinalCut ot streamingDV if for iMovie.
DVD back for future editing
A. don't put a mini DVD into Your Mac unless it’s a tray-loaded DVD burner/reader
B. iMovie’08 prob. 09 can import from DVD (homemade without copy-protection)
C. I prefer one of these two ways
• Copy to miniDV tape from set-top DVD-player --> Camera -or-
• Roxio Toast™ - Can back convert to streamingDV for iMovie or FinalCut
D. Read what Karsten collected.
DVD back to iMovie.
.. and here the complete 'full 9 yards' ... .
DVDs are in a so-called delivery format (mpeg2), which isn't meant and
made for any processing as editing... or, as honorable forum member
QuicktimeKirk stated. [i] I use the analogy of the old Polaroid
"instant" cameras. Push the button, wait for the print to develop and
show it off.[/i] ..
for using the iLife apps, you have to convert-'em first, in
recommended order, choose one of the following tools/workarounds.
• DVDxDV (free trial, 25$, Pro. 90$)
• Apple mpeg2 plugin (20$) + MPEG-Streamclip (free)
• Cinematize >60$
• Mpeg2Works >25$ + Apple plug-in
• Toast 6/7/8/9/10/11 allows converting to dv/insert dvd, hit apple-k
• connect a miniDV Camcorder with analogue input to a DVD-player and transfer disk to tape/use as converter
• Drop2DV (free) a free tool claiming to convert DVDs into dv-stream...
• Use iSquint for your conversions . www.iSquint.org
from. Bobby Keene
none of these apps override copy-protection mechanisms as on commercial DVD's...
be nice to copy rights ^-^
... and, next time, try the forum's search-feature...
from Beverly M.
Yours Bengt W
Currently Being ModeratedAug 20, 2012 3:56 AM (in response to Bengt Wärleby)
Thank you Bengt! Problem solved!