My trackpad suddenly stopped working a few days ago. Out is unresponsive to my gestures and moves on its own. What's wrong?!
Currently Being ModeratedRe: My trackpad suddenly stopped working a few days ago. Out is unresponsive to my gestures and moves on its own. What's wrong?!Aug 24, 2012 6:46 PM (in response to DPapa13)
Found the below useful from a couple of different post. Just complied them together.
1. Attach the MagSafe power cord
2. Power off the MacBook Pro
3. Press the L-Shift/Control/Option and Power button at the same time and hold.
4. Release them all at the same time
5. Then power on the MacBook Pro
NVRAM PRAM Reset
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.
The fix below that finally worked on my wife's laptop.TS1449 Re: Macbook pro trackpad not responsive, opening apps on it's own, moving screens on its own, help!
I just have to say, I just started having issues with the trackpad on my MBP and had was given no help from tech support. I would do the 2 finger swipe up to see all of a site and nothing would happen. My MBP would open links on its own and I was so frustrated.... I saw a post about someone applying pressure to the pad, so I did and nothin happend I was mad and gently smacked my track pad several times, and low and behold, it started working again!!! I have no idea how long it will work for, but some things do need a spanking to behave. Maybe this will help someone, maybe not, but it worked for me. good luck y'all!!