Currently Being ModeratedAug 17, 2012 11:33 AM (in response to Blob)
Since you have already tried a hard reset, what about a full restore? A restore of the iPod in iTunes will wipe all content from the device, reset it to factory settings, and reload a fresh copy of the iPod's software onto the device. So it should correct any sort of software issue or data corruption that your Nano may be experiencing.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 23, 2012 6:44 AM (in response to planb77)
I thought I had done that but I did it again just to be sure. The issue has been partially resolved, only partially as there's a slightly different problem now.
When I ran today, 16km, the device noted correctly that I started running at 12:40 and finished at 14:10, ie 90 minutes, but it said that I was only running 53 minutes...it gave me a great pace though!! But sadly wrong. I can now calibrate distance, but how can I calibrate time??!!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 27, 2012 10:01 AM (in response to planb77)
B-rock, Having thought about it, I decided to replace the sender in my shoe, and sure enough that was the problem. After more than 5000kms and 3 years, the battery finally died, no complaints there!
Now I just need to work out why the run recorded on my ipod with the new sender is not showing up on my nike account, probably some pairing required!
Currently Being ModeratedAug 27, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to Blob)
Thanks for the update. It crossed my mind at one point to suggest a new sensor but I let it go. Either way I am glad to hear that. As for the problems uploading I have seen this issue crop up for a numbe of Nike+ users in the past month or two. You might be able to look for some of these lengthy threads in the iPod Nano forums.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 28, 2012 2:48 PM (in response to planb77)
Well, 2 steps (actually runs) and now one step back! So the other sensor I used at the weekend was one which I had linked a few years back as a reserve, but had never used. But, on Saturday, it worked very simply, stuck it in the shoe, and off I went - the runs were recorded properly, and I managed to get those runs uploaded to the nike site yesterday easily enough after a little research.
BUT, the bad news, I went to run this evening, and no sensor was being picked up by the ipod. Nada, nic, nothing!! AArgh. Have looked at the settings, it says there's a sensor linked, and there soes not seem to be anyway to unlnk an existing sensor (I thought about doing that and then relinking it).
So why would it work perfectly well two days ago, and now not at all!!