Currently Being ModeratedSep 3, 2012 11:06 AM (in response to pj777)
Anybody have any ideas on this??
Currently Being ModeratedSep 3, 2012 11:21 AM (in response to pj777)
How are you syncing?
Léonie, in this message, shows how to do it.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 3, 2012 11:37 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)
Via iTunes, set to update from Aperture. Previews are set to update automatically. I have also tried maunally forcing a Preview update and still no difference - I only see the original file...
Thanks for any help...
Currently Being ModeratedSep 4, 2012 11:33 AM (in response to pj777)
Still having this problem...searched all through this forum but I can't find an easy solution. If anyone has any further info, it would be gratefully received...
Currently Being ModeratedOct 21, 2012 3:32 PM (in response to pj777)
This was happening to me as well.
1) Make sure Aperture is set to render Previews (Preferences -> Previews "Always share Previews with iLife").
2) Quit Aperture and iTunes, then open iTunes and resync.
3) If it's still not syncing the current version of a file, go back to Aperture. Select the unsynced photos. While holding down the Option key, select Photos -> Update Preview. Check Window -> Activity to see the Previews being generated.
4) When done generating the previews, repeat Step 2.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 21, 2012 4:16 PM (in response to pj777)
if all fails, delete the iPod Photo Cache inside your Aperture Library:
- Quit Aperture, log off and on again.
- Make sure, you have a working backup of your Aperture library.
- Ctrl-click the Aperture library, select "Show Package Contents".
- Then delete the folder "iPod Photo Cache" inside the package.
- Launch Aperture again. It will rebuild the cache.
- Try to sync again.
LéonieMacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 2.4 GHz I.Core i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB
Currently Being ModeratedOct 22, 2012 3:30 AM (in response to léonie)
Thanks both...I tried to update the previews but this didn't make a difference. In the end I deleted the cache, synced, but then it would not sync all photos. I then only synced a lower number of photos and it worked. Not ideal but in the end I got something that partially worked...
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to pj777)
Pj777 - You are not alone my friend, the version of aperature I have is 3.4.1, and I have the same issue. I have even tried to generate new previews, with having over nearly 4k of pictures my itunes is only syncing 346.
I have tried numerous tasks mentioned in these fourms by kind readers, and also what has been suggested above, however I am at a loss....
Currently Being ModeratedNov 4, 2012 3:24 PM (in response to pj777)
I am seeing the same problem as you. New images in Aperture show up on my iOS devices and deletion are handled correctly. Edits are often ignored by iTunes sync. Generating new previews or deleting the "iPod Photo cache" are sometimes a solution, but never for long. This is still happening on Aperture 3.4.2, iTunes 10.7 and iOS 6.0.1. I've sent a bug report to Apple via feedback.