Currently Being ModeratedSep 5, 2012 4:07 PM (in response to Zimmer1956)
Clone using Restore Option of Disk Utility
- Open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
- Select the destination volume from the left side list.
- Click on the Restore tab in the DU main window.
- Check the box labeled Erase destination.
- Select the destination volume from the left side list and drag it to the Destination entry field.
- Select the source volume from the left side list and drag it to the Source entry field.
- Double-check you got it right, then click on the Restore button.
Destination means the New backup drive. Source means the Old backup drive.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 12, 2012 11:05 AM (in response to Zimmer1956)
tried doing that and received an error message:
Could not restore
any ideas. This is with a brand new WD MyBook Studio and another Studio a lillte over a year old?