Skip navigation

Wiki Attachments Broken in Migration

1086 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 9:29 PM by phillw RSS
phillw Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 7, 2012 10:14 PM

Hi all,

 

I have a client who was running 10.6 Server on an Xserve, they heavily used the built in Wiki service which had almost 300 wiki pages decided to each of their different clients.

They have just purchased a pair of Mac mini servers and are running 10.7 Lion Server. I followed the information here - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5082 exactly. I copied the Collabration folder from 10.6 Server to an external hard drive (as root to ensure I grabbed all files and folders) this was around 300GB of data. I then ran the "wikiadmin migrate" command which went through and did everything without any errors.

 

I can access my wikis under 10.7 and see all the text data, however all my images and attachements on every page are just broken links. Moving the mouse over shows everything links to "wiki/static/sandbox.html#", the spotlight index does not show either.

 

I have also ran "wikiadmin fixPermissions", "wikiadmin rebuildSearchIndex" and "wikiadmin resetQuicklooks" afterwards but all the attachments are still broken,

Looking in the Collabration folder I brought over from 10.6 Server I can see inside the wiki folders all the attachment data, so I don't know why this hasn't worked as part of the migration.

 

Does anyone have any suggestions or have they come across this issue before? I am so close to a success but given the number of attachments and images on the wiki pages the wiki is no good without these...

 

Thanks in advance

  • Strontium90 Level 4 Level 4 (2,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 9, 2012 5:17 PM (in response to phillw)

    The fix appears to be rather simple but odd.  For each page that contains linked files, you simply need to press the edit button and then press the save button.  You do not need to modify anything on the page.  The process of saving the page will correct the links.

  • Strontium90 Level 4 Level 4 (2,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2012 7:13 AM (in response to phillw)

    Hmm.  You are getting different results than I've seen on about 7 migrations. However, you also did far more than I did in the migration process.  I did not attempt the:

     

    I have also ran "wikiadmin fixPermissions", "wikiadmin rebuildSearchIndex" and "wikiadmin resetQuicklooks" afterwards but all the attachments are still broken,

    Looking in the Collabration folder I brought over from 10.6 Server I can see inside the wiki folders all the attachment data, so I don't know why this hasn't worked as part of the migration.

     

    I simply followed the migration document, reviewed all permissions on each wiki and then did the edit/save (or instructed users to do the same).  I can only recall one link that never worked and it ended up that it was nested inside 4 or 5 tables.  I actually had to recreate that entire page.

     

    Any chance you can remove everything and restore again.  This time without running the extra commands?  Are you still testing on a non-production system?

  • Strontium90 Level 4 Level 4 (2,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2012 4:25 AM (in response to phillw)

    So far, that has been exactly what I've done.  The only other step was to log in to the individual Wiki pages and correct the permissions of the wiki.  This will be vital for you since you will not have matching GUID values on the test server.  Then once imported, go to a page with attachments and then edit... save...  

     

    Good luck.  Let me know how the testing works.

  • Strontium90 Level 4 Level 4 (2,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2012 3:56 AM (in response to phillw)

    I guess I've been lucky enough not to have run into this.  I moved one environment with over 100 wikis and everything work (meaning that pages with attachments needed to be edited/saved for them to appear). 

     

    This sounds like a needle in the haystack.  One of those wikis might be messing everything else up.  During the bulk import, you are not seeing anything in the console to suggest and issue?

     

    You can post the logs but I would suggest doing the following.  Import one wiki and isolate the log file for that import action.  Assumming you are successful with this one wiki, then we should be able to assume that the logging information is an example of a "successful" import.  If so, then import the entire (or half) of the wikis and compare each block of logging to see if there is a difference on one or more of the wiki imports.

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.