1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2013 11:50 AM by judi207
tarafromwv Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I can delete bookmarks but I can't delete my reading list. How do you that?


iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1
  • 1. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Ganesh Zero-Error Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    Open Safari, touch the 'open-book' like icon. It shows bookmarks menu. On the top you will see "Reading List" with a spectacles icon. Select that. There you will see all your reading list. Swipe to delete.

  • 2. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    Ganesh Zero-Error wrote:

     

    Open Safari, touch the 'open-book' like icon. It shows bookmarks menu. On the top you will see "Reading List" with a spectacles icon. Select that. There you will see all your reading list. Swipe to delete.

    What? I don't understand. What "open-book like icon? I don't see anything like this.

  • 3. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    kb1951 Level 5 Level 5 (4,215 points)

    open safari on your phone, tap the 'book' icon at the bottom, second icon from the right, go to the main bookmarks page and select the reading list. delete from there.

  • 4. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    kb1951 wrote:

     

    open safari on your phone, tap the 'book' icon at the bottom, second icon from the right, go to the main bookmarks page and select the reading list. delete from there.

    ----

    Wow! that was fast. Unfortunately, my problem is with an iMac. I guess I didn't notice that you were talking about an iPhone. Thanks, anyway. I don't remember ever having received such a quick resonse to my question, and I received THREE of them. Amazing.

  • 5. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    Niku wrote:

     

    kb1951 wrote:

     

    open safari on your phone, tap the 'book' icon at the bottom, second icon from the right, go to the main bookmarks page and select the reading list. delete from there.

    ----

    2nd Reply: Okay, I now see what you meant. "Open book" is a fair description;in fact, that's probably what that icon represents. However, that didn't help, or maybe I just didn't understand. Remember, I want to delete the entire "Reading List  drawer". Maybe I don't understand you, but I don't want to delete my Bookmarks. In fact, I don't know how to delete them.

  • 6. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    tarafromwv wrote:

     

    I can delete bookmarks but I can't delete my reading list. How do you that?

     

    --------

    I finally found someone who helped, and the answer is extremely simple. To delete "Reading List," all you have to do is as follows:

    (1) Click on Safari in menu at top of screen.

    (2) Click on "Preferences" from the drop down menu.

    (3) Put checkmark in front of "include Reading List.

    (4) I think that's all. I don't remember where I got this information, so I can't check to be sure, but it worked, and "Reading List" is now only an unpleasant memory. At first I thought it had been introduced withSnow Leopard, but now I think that it's been around longer than that. I've just been lucky that it didn't appear before.

  • 7. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    kb1951 Level 5 Level 5 (4,215 points)

    The confusion came from you wanting to do this on you computer and not on your phone since you posted in the phone forum. At least you found an answer.

  • 8. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    kb1951 wrote:

     

    The confusion came from you wanting to do this on you computer and not on your phone since you posted in the phone forum. At least you found an answer.

    ---

    I checked and was surprised to find that you are right. Well, nobody's perfect. Next time I'll have to be more careful about that.

  • 9. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    kb1951 Level 5 Level 5 (4,215 points)

    When you read the different forums, you will find things all over the place. People need to be very specific with their questions so that we can help each other out since these are user-to-user forums. We try to answer each others questions to the best of our ability. And, hopefuly, the original poster got the help they needed as we never heard back from them.

  • 10. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Ganesh Zero-Error Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    You should have mentioned it was an iMac, I thought it was an iPhone. Anyway, if you're on an iMac, just click "View" and select "Show reading list". You can delete it from there. Every reading list you have added will have a tiny "X" button on it. Just click that and it gets deleted. I'd recommend you try other browsers too, I love firefox on my imac. I find it better than safari in many ways.

  • 11. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    Ganesh Zero-Error wrote:

     

    You should have mentioned it was an iMac, I thought it was an iPhone. Anyway, if you're on an iMac, just click "View" and select "Show reading list". You can delete it from there. Every reading list you have added will have a tiny "X" button on it. Just click that and it gets deleted. I'd recommend you try other browsers too, I love firefox on my imac. I find it better than safari in many ways.

    I once actually deleted Safari because of the problems it was causing. It was only later that I learned that one or more of its Preferences had become corrupted. When I fixed that, I fixed the problems I had been having with Safari. Still, it's not perfect, so I also have Google Chrome and Firefox in my dock. Unfortunately, Chrome is subpar in a few areas that are important to me, and I don't like Firefox because it usually ends up trying to take over my computer without my permission.

  • 12. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    Niku wrote:

     

    Ganesh Zero-Error wrote:

     

    You should have mentioned it was an iMac, I thought it was an iPhone. Anyway, if you're on an iMac, just click "View" and select "Show reading list". You can delete it from there. Every reading list you have added will have a tiny "X" button on it. Just click that and it gets deleted. I'd recommend you try other browsers too, I love firefox on my imac. I find it better than safari in many ways.

    I once actually deleted Safari because of the problems it was causing. It was only later that I learned that one or more of its Preferences had become corrupted. When I fixed that, I fixed the problems I had been having with Safari. Still, it's not perfect, so I also have Google Chrome and Firefox in my dock. Unfortunately, Chrome is subpar in a few areas that are important to me, and I don't like Firefox because it usually ends up trying to take over my computer without my permission.

    I have forgotten what I did, but I fixed the problem. Case closed.

  • 13. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    "Case closed,"  I said. Close this, someone.

  • 14. Re: Where can I delete my reading list
    Niku Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)

    Sorry, it's not my case, so I can't close it.

1 2 Previous Next