HT1212: iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcodeLearn about iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode
324 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 9:00 AM by lllaass
Currently Being ModeratedSep 12, 2012 10:23 AM (in response to Baluchio786)
Error 2, 4 (or -4), 6, 40, 1000, 9006
- Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
- There may be third-party software that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause these errors. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance or follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Verify that access to ports 80 and 443 are allowed on your network.
- Verify that communication to albert.apple.com or photos.apple.com is not blocked by a firewall, or other Internet security setting.
- Discard the .ipsw file, open iTunes and attempt to download the update again. See the steps underAdvanced Steps > Rename, move, or delete the iOS software file (.ipsw) below for file locations.
- Restore your device while connected to a different network.
- Restore using a different computer.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 14, 2012 3:14 AM (in response to lllaass)
can i do this without using another computer or network?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 14, 2012 5:20 AM (in response to Baluchio786)
Only if steps 1 through 5 resolves the problem.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2012 8:30 AM (in response to lllaass)
how do i delete the .ipsw file ??????????
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2012 9:00 AM (in response to Baluchio786)
Go here and just delete the file like yu delete any other file.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points