Currently Being ModeratedSep 26, 2012 4:11 PM (in response to Tomdbl)
Same problem. It was working for me with Mountain Lion, but isn't any longer. I suspect it is an iTunes issue and will be addressed by the new version coming in October. A lot of stuff is changing under the hood.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 4, 2012 4:53 PM (in response to Tomdbl)
Here's how I solved the problem:
1. Go into finder (or windows explorer).
2. Find the Album Artwork file within your itunes file (usually "computer name/music/itunes/album artwork") I noticed that I had 3 files, "cache," "cloud," and "download." The Cloud file was empty. But the cache file and download file had the exact same information.
3. Open the cache file. That should reveal a file that is identical to the file that is revealed if you open the Download file. On my system that file was "5C376133A78DCCBE" (may be different on your system, I don't know)
4. Right click your mouse over the 5C376133A78DCCBE file and select copy.
5. Go back to the Album Artwork file and open the Download file.
6. Right click your mouse over the 5C376133A78DCCBE and select paste. Let it overwrite/replace the 5C376133A78DCCBE file with the same 5C376133A78DCCBE file.
7. Go back to Album Artwork, right click the Cache file, and select "move to trash"
8. Quit iTunes (if you had it open).
9. Hold down the option key and reopen itunes.
10. Select "choose library"
11. Go "computer name/music/iTunes" and select the "iTunes Library.iti" file.
12. If you see iTunes importing the album artwork, you've done it right.
13. Test the iTunes Album Artwork screensaver and hopefully it works for you like it did for me!
MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8
Currently Being ModeratedOct 6, 2012 10:54 AM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
This didn't work for me, but I'm running iOS 10.8.2 and the file structure for iTunes is different than you describe. I'm now pretty convinced that the problem is due to the redesign of how iTunes and iOS interwork. I expect it will start working again when the new iTunes is released.
It boggles my mind that Apple doesn't jump in to this forum every now and then to provide a little bit of insight in the threads.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 8, 2012 2:37 PM (in response to Tomdbl)
I'm running 10.8.2 also and it has worked for a few weeks since I upgraded. I think the issue is in iTunes.
A few days ago I enabled "keep iTunes media folder organized" in Advanced Prefs and the app went through all my songs. Maybe it's coincidence but I haven't changed anything else.
I agree with you about the lack of Apple support staff checking into these forums and give us a heads up on this.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 27, 2012 7:14 AM (in response to jebworks)
Right with you, something as simple as an iTunes artwork screensaver not working should be able to get fixed quickly and at least an Apple Engineer response in thess threads, if not then what's the purpose of these forums...
Currently Being ModeratedOct 31, 2012 4:49 AM (in response to Wes_Man_Tooth)
Thanks for the advice but hasn't worked for me running 10.8.2 on iMac. If anyone has other suggestions would be grateful, the October iTunes update hasn't done anything either.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 4, 2012 11:27 AM (in response to Tomdbl)
See this thread:
Perhaps Voice Memos in iTunes are causing some kind of corruption.