Currently Being ModeratedSep 13, 2012 7:41 AM (in response to Mr.1977)
Look here: Point clients to a Software Update server
Currently Being ModeratedSep 17, 2012 5:04 AM (in response to Mark23)
or use software-update-enabler
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to Mark23)
I did that and now get the error:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1011.)
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2012 1:17 PM (in response to Mr.1977)
Currently Being ModeratedSep 21, 2012 3:39 PM (in response to Mr.1977)
I had some trouble with setting up the Software Update Server. I thought that we were having problems with the catalog and tried all of the different ones offered above. None of them worked. In the end, I belive that I must not have given the system enough time to fully update itself from Apple's Servers. I left it as below and walked away from it for a couple of days. In the interim it started working and providing updates to all of our clients. I can not say with confidence what happend to allow the server to begin updating clients as expected.
In testing, I got into the setup files on the server itself. If I read the files correctly, most of the examples given here are redirected to index.sucatalog anyway. Don't hold me to that; my Apache and UNIX coding knowledge is still relatively low.
I made our 10.8 server manually from the initial installation, it was not an upgrade.
We host 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 clients.
Using Open Directory and Workgroup Manager the URL is pushed to the machines and is as given in the example in the WGM Client Software Update Server set up window.
Hope this helps.