1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 486 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2014 2:35 PM by Howard Brazee Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 165. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    BigPhilipK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Jerm99 wrote:

     

    Ok, let me rephrase...streaming quality is dreadfull compaired to having the physical file on my ipad...and no they are not the same quality, they both may not be HD but the overall quality is quite different.  I stream from various services all the time and the video goes from fine to choppy, blurry, droping sound, or just doesn't come up at all depending on network traffic and where I am located.  I was in downtown chicago on vacation and could not get a signal at all...which I expect being in Chicago. This goes for cell service as well as comcast.  The networks do not have the bandwidth and if you want higher quality bandwidth you need to open up your wallet. Yeah that isn't limted to just UV but all streaming services.  The bottom line is don't make me stream it, let me use the method that I want to use.

     

    Your statement on blu-ray however is correct, that stuff is awesome and the only thing I actually buy...unless it doesn't come with an iTunes option. 

     

     

    Now we are getting somewhere.

     

    As already stated, UV is not for you.

     

    Streaming is basically the same quality as downloaded iTunes files with fast Internet. However that isn't the type of streaming you want.

     

    Streaming is VERY poor with most cellular data service with the exception of true 4G. Then you have the REAL problem of data caps.

     

    I agree with you that the only way to really use an iPad on the road is with downloaded video files.

     

    I have a 32 Gig iPad. With the typical HD movie clocking in at close to 4 gigs each, you can only load a few movies at a time. So that is a BIG drawback.

     

    Streaming would be the prefect answer for large movie libraries but you are right that it currently is a poor choice for the iPad due to speed problems and data caps.

  • 166. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    mchristophe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I live around Indianapolis, in the subarbs, and streaming works well for me.  However, my internet is very fast and I have 200+ movies.  Love my apple products and Itunes,  Just wish i could use them with my microsoft, Sony, Samsung, Products...  

  • 167. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    Lmichalak67 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    how long did it take you to get a reply from them?...i did the thing n its been 30 min n no email back

  • 168. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    franteno Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Is still Flixter giving away iTunes codes if you rise a ticket??

    I have some movies that I bought a few weeks ago with UV codes, and I would like to have them in my iPad:

     

    Wrath of the Titans

    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

    Batman Begins

     

    They sent me a couple of codes last year (Green Lantern and Harry Potter and the DH Part 2), but I didn't think they are still doing it...

     

    Thanks.

  • 169. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    pixeled Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    BigPhilipK wrote:

    Two points,

     

    1. It is clear that UV/Flixster is not the product for you.

     

    2. Just because it doesn't fit your needs, doesn't mean it is a bad product.

     

    I don't have need for a Ford F250 truck. However, it is still a good product.

     

    Also, your argument against UV goes both ways.

     

    It is impossible to play purchased iTunes movies in any device that doesn't have iTunes. I can't play iTunes movies on my Sony PS3, my brother's Roku, or my parent's Samsung Blu-Ray player. I can only play them on my computer or my Apple TV!

     

    Your two points are simply erroneous.

    1. UV isn't the product for anyone who uses iTunes/iPad to watch movies. period. Why UV says that you can use it with iTumes, and it is compatible is beyond comprehension.

     

    2. With regards to the branding of "works with iTunes", yes. it is a bad product. not a subjective statement, quite the objective one.

     

    I purchased the DVD 'The Cabin in the Woods', mostly for the digital copy.

    I went to iTunes, entered teh redeem code, and it downloaded..

    Tried to play it within iTunes and it said "can't play it on iTunes because it requires QuickTime"

     

    As an Apple multimedia software developer for the last 22 years, I'm familiar with QuickTime, and know for a fact that the Mac supports it..

     

    When I tried to sync it to the iPad, the file is there, and I can see the chapter proxies, but the play button is dimmed. When I try to play the chapter, an alert comes up and says "Could not load movie".

     

    So yes.. UV ***** if you try to use it as it is advertised with iTunes & iPad devices.

  • 170. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (74,870 points)

    pixeled wrote:

     

    1. UV isn't the product for anyone who uses iTunes/iPad to watch movies. period. Why UV says that you can use it with iTumes, and it is compatible is beyond comprehension.

    Where does UV state it can be used with iTunes?

    I purchased the DVD 'The Cabin in the Woods', mostly for the digital copy.

    I went to iTunes, entered teh redeem code, and it downloaded..

    Tried to play it within iTunes and it said "can't play it on iTunes because it requires QuickTime"

    I bought it Thursday and it downloaded from iTunes & works fine here.

  • 171. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    BigPhilipK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Chris CA wrote:

     

    pixeled wrote:

     

    1. UV isn't the product for anyone who uses iTunes/iPad to watch movies. period. Why UV says that you can use it with iTumes, and it is compatible is beyond comprehension.

    Where does UV state it can be used with iTunes?

    I purchased the DVD 'The Cabin in the Woods', mostly for the digital copy.

    I went to iTunes, entered teh redeem code, and it downloaded..

    Tried to play it within iTunes and it said "can't play it on iTunes because it requires QuickTime"

    I bought it Thursday and it downloaded from iTunes & works fine here.

     

    You beat me to the punch. Pixeled had quoted me in his post.

     

    You are absolutely correct! UV never claims to be iTunes compatable.

     

    It claims to be OS X and IOS compatable. There are apps that work well (Flixter). It isn't Apple TV compatable and they don't claim to be.

     

    Last night, I watched "Vertigo" from UV through a PS3. That movie is not available in HD from Blu-Ray or iTunes. The picture was stunning.

  • 172. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    pixeled Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Chris CA wrote:

     

    Where does UV state it can be used with iTunes

     

    On it's own label.. if you look VERY closely.. you'll see that UV states that it can be used with iTunes..

    UV.png

    >BigPhilipK

    > You are absolutely correct! UV never claims to be iTunes compatable.

     

    I don't really know why either of you made such an odd claim..

     

    Not quite sure why the white knighting, or trolling, or whatever- This is supposed to be a support community - where facts are presented..

    I don't know if the problem is with UV, or with Apple, but there's a real problem that goes against advertised claims..

    It's not a personal attack, just statement of fact...

     

    I eventually ripped it with HandBrake like I should have to begin with-

    I'm unsubscribing to this thread since it seems abnormally hostile, and not concerned on finding a solution, just making things up.

  • 173. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (74,870 points)

    Really?

    UV claims.. "right there" that they are iTunes compatable.

    You must have never learned how to read...

    It states "DIGITAL COPY" work with iTunes.

    "HOW TO GET YOUR iTUNES© DIGITAL COPY"

     

    No where does it state UV works with iTunes.

    The same code will work with iTunes or UV.

     

    I don't really know why either of you made such an odd claim..

    It's not an "odd claim" at all. It's simply that we can actually read.

     

    I eventually ripped it with HandBrake like I should have to begin with

    Why didn't you simply Redeem the code in iTunes?

    Then you get all the iTunes Extras with it.

    Screen Shot 2012-09-23 at 8.45.21 PM.jpg

  • 174. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    mchristophe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    That movie is compatible with itunes or UV.  Which I think is great.  You can pick between the two.  If your more into streaming, I'd use the UV, or if you want to download it, I'd use Itunes.  If you read the instruction or went to the site It would tell you.  

  • 175. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    wleger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I just purchased Dark Shadows and I am trying to install a copy into iTunes. Can this be done?

     

    The label on the front states that I can download. After searching the web for 45 minutes; I found on the back cover a statement saying iTunes file not included.

     

    I do not need nor do I want a flixster account.......

     

    Can this move be download into my iTunes account? If not, can someone please tell me how to contact Warner Bros becuase I do not want the move. The store has already told me that I can not return it becuase the package was opened.

     

    Problems like this is why people look to bootlegs.

  • 176. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    BigPhilipK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    wleger wrote:

     

    I found on the back cover a statement saying iTunes file not included...

     

    I do not need nor do I want a flixster account.......

     

    Can this move be download into my iTunes account? If not, can someone please tell me how to contact Warner Bros becuase I do not want the move. The store has already told me that I can not return it becuase the package was opened.

     

    Problems like this is why people look to bootlegs.

     

    No you can't download into iTunes.

     

    Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

     

    Did the packaging say that it included an iTunes digital copy?

     

    Your mistake and your loss.

     

    The reason I am coming on strongly is your last sentence. Because Warner Brothers chooses not to offer an iTunes version is not an excuse to STEAL a copy of the movie.

     

    You purchased a Blu-Ray copy and you got what you paid for. Now you want to return it after watching it and then get a bootleg copy. This is wrong on so many levels.

     

    Please don't tell me you didn't watch the movie as that is not believable. Also don't tell me you don't want a bootleg copy or why are you asking if you can download it into iTunes when the packaging says you can not.

     

    Personally, I understand wanting an iTunes version with the Blu-Ray. That is my prefered version. However, it isn't what Warner Brothers is selling. It is called free enterprise.

     

    Thus you have four options for a digital copy before making a purchase.

     

    1. Buy the movie and get an UV account. (My choice)

    2. Buy the iTunes version. (Decent HD but can not compare to watching Blu-Ray)

    3. Buy the movie and also buy an iTunes version. (Expensive)

    4. Don't buy the movie. (Sounds like your choice. Problem is if you like the movie you don't have a copy.)

     

    Message was edited by: BigPhilipK Spelling and clarity

  • 177. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    wleger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Regrading BigPhilipk comments:

     

    First, this is the FIRST, and last, Ultra Violet movie that I have purchased. I noticed the word download on the front cover and made an assumption. My family is recovering from Hurricane Sandy and I did not have the time to read the back cover. A Mistake.

     

    Did I watch the movie? Yes, I did but it took my Oppo BDP-83 (current firmware) over 7 minutes to properly read the disc. I also had to reload the discs several times and the menus do not seem to work.

     

    I just lost $24.95 on a product. I am not the only one who has been tricked by Ultra Violet.

     

    Let Hollywood play their silly games. I lived thru the Beta Max / VHS war. I lived thru the Blu-Ray / HD-DVD war. I am tired of loosing money. I bought in to the iTunes platform. I am not buying into this Ultra Violet nonsense. If this means I have to buy bootlegs off the streets of NYC to get movies that play on iTunes then I will do it until Hollywood wakes up.

     

    Ultra Violet and iTunes do not play together. Lesson learned but I am not dropping iTunes. Ultra Violet and Flixster will be dropped for the rest of my life and I will my extended family to do the same.

  • 178. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    BigPhilipK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    wleger

     

    There are several issues in your post.

     

    First and foremost, you are advocating piracy which is in violation of forum rules. I don’t care if Warner Brothers wanted to charge $200 a movie. It doesn’t make THEFT (piracy, bootleg copies, etc.) right. It is WB property and as long as we aren’t communist, they have the right to make the rules. We also have the right not to buy it.

     

    Second, you had a problem playing the Blu-Ray disc. This is completely unrelated to UV so why bring it up? For the record, I love Blu-Ray quality but I hate the way the discs are mastered. Ten minutes of ads that are bypassed in different ways according to the studios. Then when you start the movie you have between 1 to 5 minutes of copyright warnings.

     

    Third, you were not tricked by UV. The packaging is quite clear. I feel sorry that you were affected by Sandy but that is no excuse to blame Warner Brothers instead of yourself for the mistake.

     

    Fourth, it is you right not to buy UV as that is free enterprise.

     

    I have been around as long as you. I bought BetaMax, VHS, LaserDisc, DVD, Blu-Ray, and digital copies. It isn’t the studios fault that Blu-Ray quality wasn’t available when BetaMax was introduced. BTW the BetaMax/VHS wars did not involve the studios. Sadly, the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray wars did include the studios and some of them lost big due to their greed.

     

    Here is my purchasing plan.

     

    1. Star Wars, Ben Hur, James Bond, The Artist quality movies are purchased on Blu-Ray. I will put up with the inconvenience for the quality. I don’t care about a digital copy as I would never watch these movies on my iPad.

     

    2. All other movies, if available, will be purchase in iTunes HD. No commercials and decent quality.

     

    3. Finally, I will buy the HD movie in UV if unavailable in iTunes.

     

    I will not punish myself by denying myself a movie because I need an UV account. It is good quality and it works. Yes, that means keeping separate libraries. However, I have a good database on the computer to keep track of all my movies.

  • 179. Re: Transfer ultraviolet digital copy dvd to iTunes, not Flixster?
    El Pat0 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    wleger exemplifies what is wrong with America today...everyone is looking for somebody else to blame instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

     

    You saw download and assumed, we all know the saying about assuming.

     

    BigPhil, bravo for you for sticking up for against piracy...another of America's problems.  People have gotten so confused about want & need and have equated want as the same as need.

     

    I need a car to drive to work, I want a new car.  There is a difference but too often people look past their needs and replace it with their desires and somehow justify their theft.

     

    My problem is the same, I wanted to find out if I could transfer my UV download to my iPad but my research and this forum thread says otherwise so I will adapt.

     

    There are more that 1 ways to do this including ripping the movie from my DVD/BluRay and transferring it which is probably what I will end up doing.

     

    I have never understood the limted mentality of the lemmings who can't look beyond iTunes, which IMHO, is the LAST RESORT when it comes to purchasing ANYTHING. 

     

    Of course these are probably the same lemmings who line up for the next itteration of anything that Apple pumps out and denounces anything non fruit branded as blasphemy.

1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next