1 85 86 87 88 89 Previous Next 2,251 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2014 1:17 AM by scrutinizer82 Go to original post
  • 1,290. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (38,380 points)

    SithPImp wrote:

     

    It's a little late in this thread to expect to get any points for "helping" with questions.  You can let your guard down if you can, it'll be alright.

    Only the original poster can award points. As they don't even seem to be participating in the thread at this point, I'd say it's a safe bet that no one is here to try to get points (even if that was something most people worried about).

  • 1,291. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    tonefox Level 6 Level 6 (8,300 points)

    "You won't find the truth and all the little things on this forum because it's heavily moderated and edited to remove such but you will find it elsewhere.  This is NOT the forum to be on to find true tech support for any questions outside of base installs.  This is NOT a complaint forum, sadly.  "

     

    This is the forum to find suport from people who have used Apple products for (on average) a lot longer than the people asking the questions (and often, a lot longer than they have been alive).  It is moderated only as far as the published forum rules are violently ignored. It is, you are excellently correct, not a forum for complaints, whinges, and such.

  • 1,292. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    SithPImp Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    It was called sarcasm... The OP probably figured out 80 pages ago that Apple isn't giving a hoot about their problems and has probably sold their iDevice and moved on to something else. 

     

    I'm a fan of Apple, been called a Fan Boy many times.  But soon as someone like me stands up and says "hey, this ain't right" then all of a sudden we're outcast and tied to a burning cross or something.  I don't get that... it's either follow the cult or get out and die...

     

    I know how the system works... thanks anyway for any clarification you may have thought you giving though.

     

    Since you're in the mood to clarify, how about clarify for all these people why Apple doesn't allow downgrading?  If I went out and bought a Ford car and had an issue, the dealership wouldn't upgrade me to a GM engine and if they did, I'd have the option to downgrade it back to a Ford engine.  Ford wouldn't be standing over me 24 hours a day making sure I didn't remove their "upgrade" for what I would be more happy with.  So please, could you clarify that for us? 

  • 1,293. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (38,380 points)

    SithPImp wrote:

     

    Since you're in the mood to clarify, how about clarify for all these people why Apple doesn't allow downgrading? 

    I'm going to assume sarcasm here as both you and I know that no one here can "clarify" that for you.

  • 1,294. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    SithPImp Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    This is the forum to find suport from people who have used Apple  products for (on average) a lot longer than the people asking the  questions (and often, a lot longer than they have been alive). 

     

    Excellent, so why would anyone who has Level Points be participating in a complaint department?  Clearly yourself and Meg are here to "help" others, considering your point ratings, so why continue to hang in here and carry on with the simpletons? Or why seemingly badger another poster like it kinda seems you're doing to Ex Apple Fan?

     

    You can't fault the people for using this forum to voice their opinions or thoughts on products that they do own and paid good money for.  Not everyone in this world has money falling out their back pocket and when they lay it down to a company that's suppose to be some super-power then they expect nothing less than the best.  When they don't get what they expected or were hyped up to believe they were getting, then they're gonna start asking questions and demanding answers at some point.  I for one don't blame them, I'd like answers too but it'll come in the form of another update, whenever that may be.  And I, like so many others, just simply want to downgrade and be done with it... forget all about iOS 6 and it's troubles.

  • 1,295. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Nogueira Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    jSteeleh wrote:

     

    I just found out this yesterday too.  I have a iPhone 4 and can't use voice navigation and now have crappy map service.  What the **** was the point of the upgrade?

     

    The point of upgrade is to find out that our devices became worse. And with that, Apple expect that we will be running to buy iPhone 5. Next year, they will do the same, and so on. The same thing has already happen with Mountain Lion which can not be installed on my MacBook white. But I will never be fooled again.

  • 1,296. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    SithPImp Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    Why not?  To make it clear to us why Apple won't let us downgrade our devices, look up the definition of clarify and see what it says. 

     

    Maybe YOU can't clarify it for us but Apple could. I'm not here to argue with you and I don't intend to.  You're clearly happy with whatever devices you own and whatever iOS versions are on them.  Others here aren't.  And they're entitled to their opinions and thoughts, to post them here just the same as anyone else. 

     

    I don't recall seeing anywhere in the "rules" here that you could not post your thoughts, opinions or complaints about Apple or Apple products.  If that is one of the conditions, please point it out to me and I'll do as the old meme suggestion....GTFO this site.

  • 1,297. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (38,380 points)

    You are as capable of reading the Terms of Use as I am. They're at the bottom of the page.

  • 1,298. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    SithPImp Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    The point of upgrade is to find out that our devices became worse. And  with that, Apple expect that we will be running to buy iPhone 5. Next  year, they will do the same, and so on. The same thing has already  happen with Mountain Lion which can not be installed on my MacBook  white. But I will never be fooled again.

     

     

    Exactly.  Same thing with my Mac Pro 1,1 that is more than capable of supporting it with a video card upgrade, yet Apple refuses to provide to support because they want me and every other 1,1 owner out here to run out and drop $2500+ on a new Mac Pro desktop. 

     

    A machine that was marketed as being 64 bit yet it's actually 32 bit but the processors are 64 bit capable.  That's misleading... that's actually lying to the consumer but I don't guess that's exactly something new for Apple now is it?  I will buy a newer a Mac Pro, cause my understanding is pretty soon they're gonna discontinue it and I personally like them over the iMac's. 

  • 1,299. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    SithPImp Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    That's what I thought, they don't state that.  So that means every single complaint here is valid and these people, including myself, have just as much right to use this forum to complain as they do to request help.

     

    And considering they have tied up their hard earned money into these devices, I think they deserve respect from Apple and from the people who moderate this forum/site.

  • 1,300. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Ex-Apple Fan Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Man..

     

    I can speak your language and three more languages with the same level of proficiency beside my native and all that you could do is to be sarcastic?

     

    Every educated person knows roughly the population variations between nations and can find it precisely with a simple search. All that I said was Japan is a core market and can make reasonable pressure on Apple to "force" it to allow iOS 5 again for the devices that were upgraded by deciption beeing promised the world if they upgrade.. You just couldn't post some figures because you were responding to me!! Grow up little boy...

     

    This is why you guys fail to understand what others are trying to explain to you. I don't expect any of you watchdogs to be supportive on any thing in this thread. You have proved it once after another that Levels are inversley proportional to intelligence, dignity, and self respect.

  • 1,301. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    stevejobsfan0123 Level 7 Level 7 (32,315 points)

    Ex-Apple Fan wrote:

     

    You have proved it once after another that Levels are inversley proportional to intelligence

    By that logic, you have an IQ of 5.

    Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 2.04.42 PM.png

  • 1,302. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Ex-Apple Fan Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    If you read the terms of use before every upgrade then you are a symbol of paranoia and nurdness. Not sure if these two words exist in this form but I am sure you understand what I mean.

     

    Sane people don't read software upgrade terms and conditions because they usually deal with sane decent suppliers that allow them to downgrade if they didn't like the upgrade.

     

    It is a new system that Apple has started and it would never make us do it again. We PAY this company and we will decide where to put our money for the next purchase.

  • 1,303. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    Ex-Apple Fan Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    hahahah... Even you failed to understand the logic of what inversly proportional means.

     

    The higher the levels... the lower the IQ ... That what it means....

     

    What can I say about you, ...no manners,,,no logic,,, no help,,,, no IQ... you are just a disgrace to the world of "support"

  • 1,304. Re: Apple maps very disappointing
    tonefox Level 6 Level 6 (8,300 points)

    SithPImp wrote:

    Excellent, so why would anyone who has Level Points be participating in a complaint department?  Clearly yourself and Meg are here to "help" others, considering your point ratings, so why continue to hang in here and carry on with the simpletons? Or why seemingly badger another poster like it kinda seems you're doing to Ex Apple Fan?

     

    Maybe because we are heartily sick of the over and over posts that are of zero value regarding Apple maps.

    The data is not good. This has been agreed for a long time. What you simpletons refuse to accept is that we are all just users of Apple's products, and have absolutely no influence over their success or failure.

1 85 86 87 88 89 Previous Next