I need some help to set up my library propperly. I'm using Aperture for a year now and the organisation of my first major project was a bit of a mess and I lost control. I had a folder as top level, then a Project (box) containing folders and smart folders. I wanted to work with keywords only but that didn't work out.
Now I have an even more complex project and I want to go back to a workflow based structure. But it seems that the boxes, folders and albums aren't quite designed for this kind of organisation. This is what I actually want to do:
– Top level Project name e.g. Seasons
– Sub-projects /divisions e.g. Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter (note that a photo can only be in one category)
– Workflow sections where photos are moved according to their state of progress, e.g. Import, Editing, Review, Published (again a photo can only be/show in one location)
This is how I would have liked to do it:
1. A folder or box as top level called Seasons
2. Four boxes or albums as sub-divisions for the seasons
3. Give every step of the workflow an album or folder (like sections to move through)
Now this is the obstacle I'm facing:
1. I can't put boxes in boxes
2. I can't put photos in folders
3. I can't move photos from one album to another (they need to be deleted separately in the old folder)
I have read about how these elements are designed in the other threads. But I havent yet found a way how to use them the best way for my purpose. The best thing I can think of at the moment is to use folders in the top two levels and boxes for the workflow.
Is there anyone who tried to organise a project like this before?