Currently Being ModeratedOct 13, 2012 8:23 AM (in response to Mark905)
What happens if you save the attachment from your email to your "Downloads" folder, then drag it from Downloads into iPhoto?
That's not meant as a solution - more of a diagnostic to figure out what's going on.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 13, 2012 9:07 AM (in response to Mark905)
OK - you have two separate problems.
1. Mail's "send to iPhoto" command is currently not working. It doesn't work for me either, though it did not long ago. So this is a new problem, you can use the "feedback" form to report it to Apple. Click the "Mail" menu in Mail, then choose "provide mail feedback" - it will also send Apple some information about your accounts, in case that's relevant.
2. Photostream. This is a completely separate problem, and you'll need to provide more details about what's happening. Take a look at a couple of things, and tell what you see:
- on the iPhone, snap a picture. Then go to the "Photos" app, and tap the "Photostream" (cloud) icon. Do you see the latest photo there?
- on the Mac, take a photo with photobooth then click the "share" ( box with arrow icon) and send the photo to iPhoto. Now go into iPhoto, and click the "photostream" icon in the left column. Is the new photo there?
- and the obvious questions (which I'm assuming the answer is "no" - but it doesn't hurt to ask again) - when you look on the phone in Photostream, do you see the picture you just took on the Mac, and on the Mac do you see the picture you just took on the phone?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 13, 2012 11:01 AM (in response to Joseph Delaney)
So, I did take photo with iPhoto and indeed it is in my photo stream on the iphone. It is in Macbook photo stream. But there other day I took numerous photos wiith my iPhone and not one is in Photo Stream
Something weird, for some reason I do not have iChat on my macbook.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 13, 2012 11:23 AM (in response to Mark905)
Sounds like it's working then - probably something you did earlier fixed it, and you're just noticing the results now. If you want to, you can tap a photo that is missing from photostream, then tap the "share" icon and send it to photostream manually.
Also something to keep in mind - I think the photos don't get sent to photostream until you tap the "photos" app. I'm not 100% sure about that, but I do know that starting up the Photos app will cause pictures that you've taken in the last few minutes to immediately show up in photostream (assuming you have a wifi connection).
And your final question is completely off topic, but iChat has been renamed "Messages".
Currently Being ModeratedOct 13, 2012 11:28 AM (in response to Joseph Delaney)
Thanks for you help.
The reason I mentioned iChat is because you asked me to tak pic with Photo Booth. I do not have it in applications. I researched and it says it's associated with iChat, whcih I also do not have.
I went to iMessage and it seems you can only use for Live video chat and not to take photo
Currently Being ModeratedJan 8, 2013 9:09 AM (in response to Joseph Delaney)
Thank you, you solved my issue too. Just to inform you the photostream does not import pictures unless you are in the photo app on your iOS device, 100% sure. That was my mistake, I didn't understand why it wouldn't load in my pictures, I was even watching the photostream in iPhoto and it never loaded! So thank you very much.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 8, 2013 12:02 PM (in response to catwoman213)