HT3669: OS X: Printer and scanner software available for downloadLearn about OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download
Currently Being ModeratedOct 18, 2012 12:10 PM (in response to dadalto)
I work with HP.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 18, 2012 1:42 PM (in response to dadalto)
And here are instructions for scanning without using HP software - 3 methods using just software included in Lion
2. Image Capture
3. System Preferences
Currently Being ModeratedOct 18, 2012 3:44 PM (in response to dadalto)
Your Model apparently needs to use Apple's "Print & Scan" which is found in Applications>System Preferences>"Print & Scan". There you will follow the following instructions from the HP Support site to Scan, for instance:
- Place the item that you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your printer has one.
- Click the Apple menu (# ), and then click System Preferences .
- Click Print & Scan (# ).
- Click your printer in the left pane.
- Click Scan , and then click Open Scanner .
- Click Show Details . The details of the scan display, including options to change scan settings.Figure 4: Example of the Show Details scanning screen#
- Change any scan settings as necessary, and then click Scan .
Hope this helps
Currently Being ModeratedOct 19, 2012 12:18 AM (in response to Radiation Mac)
To clarify the information above, I afraid the Laserjet M1120 do not support scanning on Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion) at all.. (the latest OS provided with scanning support was 10.5)
The device does not support scanning, not by HP Scan and not by ICA applications as Image Capture or Preview.
You may find this information stated in the document below:
The 3rd party Twain Sane interface seems to support your product and compatible with Lion, although I believe its installation a bit more complex..
You may find the entire information and documentation below:
Best of luck,