When I try opening a number of games on my iMac, I am getting the error message (for example COD) "Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare and download it again from the App Store"
The last tme I used these apps/games (specifically Call Of Duty 4, Doom 3 and Battlefield 2012) was months ago... apart from COD4 which I definitely fired up and was working 6 weeks ago. (Don't play games much!)
I have searched for the answer, and most similar problems are associated with Gatekeeper - i.e. setting to allow install from amy location. But two of these apps are from the AppStore (I bought Battlefield elsewhere).
I have tried;-
* Deleting/Download the app again from AppStore
* Setting Gatekeeper to "Allow Applications Downloaded from anywhere" (Always had this setting)
* Running Disk Utility "Repair Disk Permissions"
* Using AppCleaner to delete all settings as well as the App (**** going to lose my place in the game!)
- Also deleting the trash. Then re-downloading/Installing.
It's really weird that none of my other Apps apart from these 3 games get the error.
I Installed COD4 on my Macbook Air which is the same OSX/Update level (latest) and it WORKS. So something is specifically wrong with my iMac
I'm wondering if there are any OSX security/java/whatever updates which could have affected this But once again it all works on my Macbook Air.
Are there any files/settings that Appcleaner misses that I could reset/delete and try again?
24-inch, Early 2008
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 6 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)