Currently Being ModeratedOct 22, 2012 2:04 PM (in response to Jeremy423)
how do your change your selection preference to have the cross hairs in the audio editing region. i'm trying to select regions to delete
(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2012 10:08 AM (in response to Jeremy423)
The Crosshair Tool is called "Marquee Tool" in Logic and it has a limited but still useful functionality in GarageBand:
The mouse cursor is context-sensitive in many areas of GarageBand. That means it changes its shape and functionality based on what area you move it over. This is very efficient and used in a lot of application where you constantly change the cursor tool when editing objects.
In GarageBand, the cursor changes automatically to the Marquee Tool when you move the mouse over the lower half of an audio waveform in the Track Editor.
This is what you can do:
First, click+drag a range inside the waveform (the Grid settings from the Grid menu applies). The selected Range is now highlighted. Now choose any of the following actions:
- Hit the delete key to delete that section of the Audio Region
- Click on the selected Range (still with the Marquee Tool) to split the Region at the left and right border of the Range resoling in new AUdio Regions. This works also with Ranges across multiple Regions.
- Click+drag the Range. This will split the Region(s) at the left and right border, selects the new Regions and lets you move them to a new position, al in one click-drag action.
- Hit the Copy command. This will copy the Range to the clipboard. Now you can place the Playhead at any position and use the Paste command to place that Range there as a new Region. This is useful because you don't have to cut up the existing Region first if you need only a section of it to copy to a new place.
- I wouldn't be surprised if there are more hidden commands with this useful tool.
Hope this helps
<edited by host>
I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.
<Edited by Host>
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2012 10:51 PM (in response to Edgar)
I forgot one function for the Marquee Tool:
When a range is selected and you hit play, then GarageBand plays only that range.