Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2012 5:59 PM (in response to SteveBenner)
So "File➞Export➞Project as new Library" creates a usable Library when opened on its own, but after using "File➞Import➞Library" and checking "Merge" nothing is merged? Do the Projects show up empty? Do they not show up? Are you exporting with "Copy Originals into exported Library" checked?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 23, 2012 7:35 PM (in response to SteveBenner)
A bunch of things:
- Where are the Originals?
- Have you confirmed that the exported Library works on both machines, that is both after exporting to a local drive on the originating machine, and after making the exported Library available to the second machine?
- Does the second machine have access to the Originals?
- Is that access on a locally-mounted drive?
- How are you using your Drobo?
- What work-flow are you trying to accomplish?
- Is there a reason to _not_ include the Originals in the exported & merged Library?
- Have you tried exporting with Originals? What happened?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2012 4:53 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)
- The originals are on my iMac
- The exportedd library does work when opened on its own and the pictures show up fine
- The 2nd machine does not have access to the original library
- The Drobo is not involved
- I never checked include originals because Aperture used to have that as "Consolidate Master" - should I be? Will it affect my original library in any way?
- I will try exporting with the originals checked, but I think I tried that once already...either way I will try again and get back to you later on today
Currently Being ModeratedOct 24, 2012 10:43 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)