Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2012 9:57 AM (in response to hotwheels 22)
No, there is no way with Aperture's tools to batch process the exporting of Libraries.
Your question seems to be more worried about administrative tracking than about batch exporting.
You want to end up with N Libraries each containing one of N Projects currently in your Library? And you are going to delete the N Projects from your current Library?
Here's what I would do.
- Make a top-level Folder called "_Projects to be exported".
- Individually or in groups selected in the Library tab of the Inspector, drag the N Projects into this Folder.
- Manually export each one. I suggest putting them all in the same Finder folder for administrative tracking. It is likely you'll want to include Originals and Previews as well.
- Make sure each exported Library works the way you want.
- Delete the Folder "_Projects to be exported" from your Original Library. Empty the Aperture Trash.
- Re-confirm that the exported Libraries are working the way you want.
- Empty the system trash.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2012 10:42 AM (in response to Kirby Krieger)
hi kirby. thanks.
i think that answers it.
i just want to export 20 or 30 projects from a folder and not have to select each project and export them one by one by one by one.
i gather this is not possible, though.
anyway, many thanks!
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2012 11:33 AM (in response to hotwheels 22)
Currently Being ModeratedOct 25, 2012 6:26 PM (in response to Frank Caggiano)
thanks. somehow with your help i think i got it. i am not sure what i wasn't doing and i am not sure how to describe what i am doing but i am thinking/(guessing) that multiple selecting /projects/ will in fact export each as an individual aplibrary if you use the pulldown and exporting a /folder/ will give you one file that imports again as if you had a folder with the individual libraries in that folder.
at least since you pointed this out i think i seem to have gotten it working...
regards (and thanks) as always.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 26, 2012 7:55 PM (in response to hotwheels 22)
hotwheels 22 wrote:
i just want to export 20 or 30 projects from a folder (Emphasis mine)
But in the original post ...
hotwheels 22 wrote:
i have a series of projects listed under a series of folders and it is going to be really tedious doing this one by one. it is also going to be really easy to accidentally miss one, unless i do a checklist (Emphasis mine)
... so you can understand, I hope, my confusion about what you wanted. For me, one is not a series, and it is hard to accidentally miss one if they are all siblings in a structured outline. If you'd said they were all in children of one Folder I wouldn't have given directions or suggestions for putting them in one Folder.