Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2012 6:33 AM (in response to nigelfromlewes)
I've a bit hard to understand it all (may be due to my bad English)
• 150 pictures - from where, in what format
- Aperture ?, iPhoto ?
- .jpg ?
• 11Gb free memory
- RAM - or -
- on Start-Up (Mac OS) Hard Disk - or -
- other hard disk ?
• the messages given
- can You Please - write it down and tell exactly what it says
• Put my photos in iPhoto - and in iMovie import them via the Media / Photos button
• they are all in .jpg - no RAW or .bmp
• I never let Start-Up Hard Disk go under 25Gb as less might make the operation for Mac OS and Application not running OK
• I got 4Gb RAM in my MacBook Pro - and it works OK
BTW - When I do Photo Video (SlideShows) the picture quality is og importance to me and I use to put them out on DVD and this makes some things of importance.
• iMovie'08 to 11 - is not the tool of choice if a DVD is meant to be the result as they degrade the picture by discarding every second line in the picture when going from Event's to Project's. This can not be mended.
• I use iMovie HD6 or FinalCut Express or Pro (any version) as they can deliver 100% interlaced SD-Video over to DVD authoring program e.g. iDVD or Roxio Toast™ or FotoMagico™
• DVD - is as STANDARD only interlaced SD-Video and can never be any better.
Yours Bengt W
Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2012 6:49 AM (in response to Bengt Wärleby)
The 11GB is free memory ! I have around 750 GB space on Hard Drive and the pics are JPG
Its is very strange.
I normaly have to revert to windows and Pro Show Gold fich is better than and MAC has to offer as yet. Just whish that I didn't have too !
Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2012 10:41 AM (in response to nigelfromlewes)
The 11GB is free memory ! I have around 750 GB space on Hard Drive
11Gb - In RAM or
on Mac OS Hard Disk (Start-Up one) ?
750 GB on Start-Up Hard Disk or are there any extra/external ones ?
Photos stored Where ?
• folder on DeskTop
• in iPhoto
• in Aperture
• else ?
Yours Bengt W
Currently Being ModeratedOct 28, 2012 12:48 PM (in response to Bengt Wärleby)
H I store most of my pics on various ext hard drives as I need to ensure security / back up of my clients photos.
Generally in specific folders.
What I have trouble understanding is if I use iphoto and use the same phots the export in pretty much the same way but I never get the memory message.
Also as I said I have installed the max amount of memory that I can on the iMac 27 which is about 13 months old now.
Although I have apperture I tend not to use it as I use Photoshop CS5 or Lightroom 4