Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive
Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:
1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.
2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.
3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.
4. Press COMMAND-E.
5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in
your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:
If this fails then try this:
Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.
Hold the option key down on the built in keyboard and boot the machine.
A row of icons appears, the disk might not appear if it's not a bootable OS X disk, keep pressing the eject key on the keyboard as this is a hardware command to eject the drive.
Click the arrow under OS X to boot.
If that doesn't work, hold D down for a long time on a Internet connection, Apple's Hardware Test loads, if you click reboot, it's suppossed to eject the drive regardless.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points