1 184 185 186 187 188 Previous Next 3,396 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 5:38 AM by CT Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 2,775. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    jgalp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    This is ridiculous. i bought a brand new 13" macbook air 3 months ago and ever since upgrading it to ML i get about 3 hours of battery life. ive done a fresh install and SMC reset, and now the apple customer service people are just ignoring me. I loved apple up until this point. i did not spend 1300 dollars for a computer that gets less than HALF of the advertised battery life. ALL IM DOING IS BROWSING THE INTERNET. ridiculous. i am already talking to a family lawyer about a possibility of lawsuit if they do not fix this or at least let me refund my mac. cant believe i am saying this but i might go back to PC because of this stupid battery problem and especially because of the way apple is handling it #bringstevejobsback

  • 2,776. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    jgalp wrote:

     

    This is ridiculous. i bought a brand new 13" macbook air 3 months ago and ever since upgrading it to ML i get about 3 hours of battery life. ive done a fresh install and SMC reset, and now the apple customer service people are just ignoring me. I loved apple up until this point. i did not spend 1300 dollars for a computer that gets less than HALF of the advertised battery life. ALL IM DOING IS BROWSING THE INTERNET. ridiculous. i am already talking to a family lawyer about a possibility of lawsuit if they do not fix this or at least let me refund my mac. cant believe i am saying this but i might go back to PC because of this stupid battery problem and especially because of the way apple is handling it #bringstevejobsback

     

    I can't really tell if you're just frustrated or a troll.  If you're frustrated I can certainly sympathize…been there...but the whole "lawsuit, bring SJ back" bit is nonsense.  There are only a few people left on this thread that are still experiencing any problems and they're dealing with Apple.  There are millions of MacBooks in the wild that work exactly as they should and you can own one as well. 

     

    That said I've no idea what you mean by the Apple CS people "ignoring you".  They can only ignore you if you ignore them.  If your MacBook is actually only 90 days old and the battery life is no more than 3 hours, something is clearly wrong.  It's under warranty.  Either you keep on them (in a polite but firm manner) and continue to escalate the issue until it's resolved (your MacBook is repaired or replaced) or you give up.  Your call of course.

     

    You can certainly vent here but it's not going to fix the issue.

     

    Best of luck!

  • 2,777. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    tcphoto1 Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)

    Only a few people still having problems? My Late 2008 MBP has been all over the road with it's battery capacity since upgrading to ML. It went from 3.5 hours to 2 to 2.5 hours after reinstalling ML and resetting SMC and talking to Apple Engineers. The most elegant OS has come at a steep cost and I'm praying that 10.8.3 may actually improve what is clearly a software issue.

  • 2,778. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    lovejam2012 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Hey, why one sue Apple for their product problem will be a troll?

     

    I think that is a bit hash to call one that, because however they do in their life to deal with their problem is their choice , their rights, I wouldn't sue Apple for my battery (maybe just yet), but why would everyone wouldn't as me?

     

    Apple didn't fix my MBPR 15" battery life problem yet, I didn't response to this thread is just because there're no real solutions yet, so I don't bother to reply, creating spam mail is not my style :)

     

    I think many people still have problem, they just believe Apple will fix this problem, so they waiting there like me.

     

    SMC and reinstall or whatsoever does not fix my problem, not even Safe boot suggested a better battery life, so Apple does need to fix this problem or they can keep change my batter on MBPR15", battery is glued to the machine, that means new case every time :)

     

    please be nice to others, so we can focus on the real problem :)

  • 2,779. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    tcphoto1 wrote:

     

    Only a few people still having problems? My Late 2008 MBP has been all over the road with it's battery capacity since upgrading to ML. It went from 3.5 hours to 2 to 2.5 hours after reinstalling ML and resetting SMC and talking to Apple Engineers. The most elegant OS has come at a steep cost and I'm praying that 10.8.3 may actually improve what is clearly a software issue.

     

    What I said was "There are only a few people left on this thread that are still experiencing any problems..."  "Few" is relative to the folks left here with problems vs millions of MacBooks running Mountain Lion without any issues.

     

    Of course if it's still happening to you, the number doesn't matter...it's still a problem and having experienced it, I understand how frustrating it can be.  It sounds like you're pretty savvy and tried just about everything and that is certainly frustrating.

     

    After working directly with Apple as well and following everyone's posts on this thread since late July my WAG has been and continues to be that this is a firmware/SMC issue coinciding with a software update.  Fingers crossed the next release of 10.8 and/or an SMC update will resolve things for you and anyone else left in the same boat. 

  • 2,780. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    lovejam2012 wrote:

     

    Hey, why one sue Apple for their product problem will be a troll?

     

    I think that is a bit hash to call one that, because however they do in their life to deal with their problem is their choice , their rights, I wouldn't sue Apple for my battery (maybe just yet), but why would everyone wouldn't as me?

     

    Apple didn't fix my MBPR 15" battery life problem yet, I didn't response to this thread is just because there're no real solutions yet, so I don't bother to reply, creating spam mail is not my style

     

    I think many people still have problem, they just believe Apple will fix this problem, so they waiting there like me.

     

    SMC and reinstall or whatsoever does not fix my problem, not even Safe boot suggested a better battery life, so Apple does need to fix this problem or they can keep change my batter on MBPR15", battery is glued to the machine, that means new case every time

     

    please be nice to others, so we can focus on the real problem

     

    Like any forum, trolls pop up from time-to-time.  It's the nature of the beast.  They tend to sign up and immediately begin posting nonsense which often includes "this wouldn't happen if SJ were alive" or "Apple has terrible customer service" or something about "lawsuits" (class action or otherwise) and end up saying how much better their "X" PC, notebook, netbook, tablet or phone was or is...to see if they can get a rise out of somene.  I bite now and then. 

     

    Anyone at all familiar with Apple knows that plenty of problematic products (hardware and software) were released under SJ's watch over the years.  Apple's CS isn't perfect, but probably as close to it as any company's can be.  Proof of being harmed to the extent that a lawsuit is justified?  Best of luck with that. 

     

    The post was classic, but may have been genuine, it's very hard to tell.  However if it walks like a duck...

     

    If someone is having a real problem with their MacBook I'm entirely sympathetic.  I and most other folks here have been able to resolve the battery issue passively or proactively.  Not everyone has but I'm still confident that it will be corrected.

     

    Agreed...either Apple will have to keep fixing your MacBook or replace it.  The scenerio is usually to replace the battery and if that doesn't solve it, replace the logic board and if it's still an issue, replace the machine.  So you're on the right path.

     

    Best of luck and let us know how it goes! 

  • 2,781. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    Nickholl Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    richsadams you're a very patient guy :-)

  • 2,782. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    Nickholl wrote:

     

    richsadams you're a very patient guy :-)

     

    HA!  My wife would get a kick out of that one! 

     

    Cheers! 

  • 2,783. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    lovejam2012 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I agreed

  • 2,784. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    jgalp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    no i am not a troll and NO im not trying to get a rise out of someone, im was half kidding about some of the things i said, i am saying it because i am extremely frustrated with apple and a 1300 dollar machine that is not supposed to have a problem like this. i have waited 2 and a half months already. i know apple monitors these forums so yes i am trying to express my exponentially growing frustrations with how they are handling this in hopes that they will do something about it. i just want them to release some kind of public statement acknowledging the problem and saying yes we are trying to fix it besides just ignoring it. I have called in to customer serivce technical support 3 times with 3 different tech guys and after going through all their "trouble shooting" its still the same thing and all they say is im sorry there is nothing we can do. if you dont call that ****** customer service for a brand new 1300 dollar machine then you are either strapped with cash or crazy. what i did expect them to do was refer to me a superior, have me go into one of the stores to talk to a manager, SOMETHING to get this resolved, offer to fix the machine, give me a exchange for a different machine, revert me back to lion, a REFUND, i dont care something, not just saying, "sorry, nothing we can do for the 1300 dollars you just spend 2 months ago, deal with it, oh and yea the 7 hours battery life we advertise? (which i know most people dont get more realistically like 5 1/2 - 6 1/2) yea you're going to only get less than half that, have a good day. THAT is ****** customer service to me.

  • 2,785. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    lovejam2012 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I don't know how much time you have to let Apple keep fix your computer's problem, I know many people don't get much.

     

    When I paid for a product, I expect it work as it advertised, if it wasn't, the product is a faulty product, so go figure

     

    I don't get much time to reply to all your suggestions too, so I might not be able to tell you how it goes in each step as it happens too  

     

    I appreciate you trying to help, I do wish you are an official Apple reps to answer my questions

  • 2,786. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    jgalp wrote:

     

    no i am not a troll and NO im not trying to get a rise out of someone, im was half kidding about some of the things i said, i am saying it because i am extremely frustrated with apple and a 1300 dollar machine that is not supposed to have a problem like this. i have waited 2 and a half months already. i know apple monitors these forums so yes i am trying to express my exponentially growing frustrations with how they are handling this in hopes that they will do something about it. i just want them to release some kind of public statement acknowledging the problem and saying yes we are trying to fix it besides just ignoring it. I have called in to customer serivce technical support 3 times with 3 different tech guys and after going through all their "trouble shooting" its still the same thing and all they say is im sorry there is nothing we can do. if you dont call that ****** customer service for a brand new 1300 dollar machine then you are either strapped with cash or crazy. what i did expect them to do was refer to me a superior, have me go into one of the stores to talk to a manager, SOMETHING to get this resolved, offer to fix the machine, give me a exchange for a different machine, revert me back to lion, a REFUND, i dont care something, not just saying, "sorry, nothing we can do for the 1300 dollars you just spend 2 months ago, deal with it, oh and yea the 7 hours battery life we advertise? (which i know most people dont get more realistically like 5 1/2 - 6 1/2) yea you're going to only get less than half that, have a good day. THAT is ****** customer service to me.

     

    Okay...I get it now...you are a troll.  .  So here's the thing (for anyone that wanders into class late).  Apple is very aware of the issue.  I know it's long, but if you take some time to read this thread you'd discover that Apple has been proactive and reached out to me as well as many others here.  They had us install diagnostic applications on our MacBooks to obtain specific info.  They spent time walking us through various fixes and asked a laundry list of questions to try and determine why this was happening.  I can't think of one other company, tech or otherwise, that would even consider doing that.

     

    Over the years I've had Apple repair Macs and displays that were in warranty as well as out of warranty (many times at no charge).  I've used Apple Care on the phone as well.  In all of that time I've never, ever been told to "just wait" or that there's nothing that they can do. 

     

    There's an Apple store nearby and you haven't even gone in?  That's what the Genius Bars are for.

     

    Your whole story is questionable at best and very, very hard to believe.

     

    That's it for me!  [removes hook from mouth]

  • 2,787. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    richsadams Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

    lovejam2012 wrote:

     

    I don't know how much time you have to let Apple keep fix your computer's problem,...<snip>

     

    You have as long as the warranty is in effect (one year most places in the world and I think two in Eurpoe), and often beyond that particularly if you opened a case with them prior to the warranty expiring.  Again, if they ultimately can't fix it so that it fully meets all of the specs they will replace it.  Very simple.

     

    You also have until the initial warranty expires to buy Apple Care to extend the warranty to three years if you think you might need it. 

  • 2,788. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    lovejam2012 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Good information for Apple newbies, unfortunitely does not fix my problem.

  • 2,789. Re: Battery life dropped considerably on Mountain Lion.
    jgalp Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    shut your self righteous *** up. like i said i already talked to 3 customer service techs and they all have not instructed me to install any diagnostic tools. 2 of the techs themselves told me they arent aware of the problem which i was surprised by because i led off with the statement "im sure you are aware of the battery problem with mountain lion" one  of the guys said yes he has heard of it. none were able help me. i already have a genius bar appointment set up. so while you were fortunate enough to have a tech reach out to you and guide you through problems, not all customers have been given the same treatment. I have always loved apple, they have never given me problems in the 6 years ive been using their products which is why im frustrated now. If apple is as proactive as you say they are you would think that those three tech support SPECIALISTS would at least know about the problem. and no i havent looked through the entire thread, i'll go ahead and do that, how about you stop with the name calling and just tell me that before hand.