Skip navigation

Is anyone able to use Unsanity haxies with Lion?

21422 Views 223 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 2:25 PM by petermac87 RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • MlchaelLAX Level 4 Level 4 (1,530 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 4:59 AM (in response to oxcart)

    oxcart wrote:

     

    On a different point:

     

    Unless you live in Russia too, you better be careful what you write.  People here in the UK are going to jail because of what they post on internet forums, and what you wrote sounds to me like grounds for a civil case.

     

    WOW: Sounds like the UK needs to enact a Freedom of Speech Act!

     

    Could you post a couple of links to such situations?  Sounds like a flagrant abuse of human rights, and I would be shocked to discover that what you say (being imprisoned for internet postings) is true!

  • herrbutzie Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 5:07 AM (in response to MlchaelLAX)

    The UK is the nation with the most surveillance of it's citizens. Cameras at nearly every roadway intersection.


    The UK has become what George Orwell wrote about in his prophetic novel 1984. The rest of Europe and America is not far behind

     

    Yes people are going to jail what what they post online.

    34,000 results from a Google search of people in the Uk going to jail because of what they post.

     

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%20%20People%20here%20in%20the%20UK%20are%20going %20to%20jail%20because%20of%20what%20they%20post%20on%20internet%20forums&ie=utf -8&oe=utf-8

  • conejo61 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Oxcart, lol, what are you, the developer's brother or something?

     

    The guy is a crook, it's not opinion but fact that he stole from his customer base. Period.

     

    Dude should have criminal actions pending against him, in my opinion.

     

    And if you have more "sympathy" for this slimeball than the people he conned, I don't know what to tell you. Again, I've never met a developer who had more contempt for his user base than this jerk.

     

    Karma's a &itch, and it will soon smack him upside the head. And it will be well and truly deserved.

  • KathrynG Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 5:21 AM (in response to MlchaelLAX)

    Them thar's fightin words MichaelLAX. Maybe you should read how long it took them to finally charge Abu Hamza with offences under the Terrorism Act in the UK after his tirades of hatred against the UK and her majesty. And... ever heard of Speaker's Corner?

     

    Don't get me wrong, freedom of speech is a good thing "within sensible boundaries." But just because you can, does not mean you should and discretion should always be the greater part of valour.

     

    Methinks this freedom of speech thing can be taken a tad too far quite often. Ever tried it at work with your boss? Something tells me you might not have a job for long as even with the company for whom I worked for 15 years here in the US, one could be fired for insubordiation. Seems like an oxymoron to me.

     

    Anyway... seems we have strayed off the topic entirely and so as they say in America "I'm outta here!" Would not want to be banned from the Apple website for my freedom of speech.

    Cheers

  • petermac87 Level 5 Level 5 (4,065 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 5:31 AM (in response to KathrynG)

    KathrynG wrote:

     

    Them thar's fightin words MichaelLAX. Maybe you should read how long it took them to finally charge Abu Hamza with offences under the Terrorism Act in the UK after his tirades of hatred against the UK and her majesty. And... ever heard of Speaker's Corner?

     

    Don't get me wrong, freedom of speech is a good thing "within sensible boundaries." But just because you can, does not mean you should and discretion should always be the greater part of valour.

     

    Methinks this freedom of speech thing can be taken a tad too far quite often. Ever tried it at work with your boss? Something tells me you might not have a job for long as even with the company for whom I worked for 15 years here in the US, one could be fired for insubordiation. Seems like an oxymoron to me.

     

    Anyway... seems we have strayed off the topic entirely and so as they say in America "I'm outta here!" Would not want to be banned from the Apple website for my freedom of speech.

    Cheers

    Old news. Get a life. Haxies are a desperate plea for the aincent OXs. Get up to speed.

     

    Pete

  • oxcart Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 8:43 AM (in response to MlchaelLAX)

    MlchaelLAX wrote:

     

     

    WOW: Sounds like the UK needs to enact a Freedom of Speech Act!

     

    Could you post a couple of links to such situations?  Sounds like a flagrant abuse of human rights, and I would be shocked to discover that what you say (being imprisoned for internet postings) is true!

     

    Of course there is freedom of speach, but no freedom to racially abuse somone.

     

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121003/Liam-Stacey-jail-tweeting-abuse- Fabrice-Muamba.html

     

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/21/man-racially-abused-collymore-t witter-spared-prison

     

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jul/31/tom-daley-twitter-abuse-arrest

     

    Regarding my earlier piont about the potential for slander.  The Russian may be beyond the reach of the law, but should he engage a USA lawyer on a no win no fee basis, one might find oneself on the end of a law suit.  You know how these things work... if you own a house they take it and leave you with the mortgage if you have one.  If you did receive one, how much would you pay to settle there and then and make it go away?  Even if the guy is a crook it is up to you to prove it.  Can you do it?  How much would it cost?

     

    Nothing you post online ever goes away.  Facebook has a large archive and only needs to wait till a generation grows up and some of the people who posted when they were children become Hollywood stars or the president, or a state senator, etc etc etc.

  • MlchaelLAX Level 4 Level 4 (1,530 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 12:59 PM (in response to oxcart)

    Let me see...  In your preface in response to a posted complaint about the reason for poor customer service and potential misappropriation and fraud, you warn the poster about incidences in the UK of internet posts that lead to imprisonment for Hate Crimes and Death Threats???

     

    oxcart wrote:

     

    On a different point:

     

    numbr007 wrote:

     

    Slava runs his criminal organization --

     

    he's based in Russia, he's pretty much untouchable by the law. He's a small time thug,

     

    Unless you live in Russia too, you better be careful what you write.  People here in the UK are going to jail because of what they post on internet forums, and what you wrote sounds to me like grounds for a civil case.

    Can there be no civility or proportionality in the use of analogies?

  • MlchaelLAX Level 4 Level 4 (1,530 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 1:10 PM (in response to KathrynG)

    KathrynG wrote:

     

    Them thar's fightin words MichaelLAX. Maybe you should read how long it took them to finally charge Abu Hamza with offences under the Terrorism Act in the UK after his tirades of hatred against the UK and her majesty. And... ever heard of Speaker's Corner?

     

    Don't get me wrong, freedom of speech is a good thing "within sensible boundaries." But just because you can, does not mean you should and discretion should always be the greater part of valour.

     

    Methinks this freedom of speech thing can be taken a tad too far quite often. Ever tried it at work with your boss? Something tells me you might not have a job for long as even with the company for whom I worked for 15 years here in the US, one could be fired for insubordiation. Seems like an oxymoron to me.

     

    WOW: Speaking of civility and proportionality in the use of analogies!

     

    BTW: Most of us who took U.S. Civics in high school will remember that Freedom of Speech derives from the First Amendment to our Constitution and only protects us from governmental action - "Congress shall make no law..."

  • Marianco1 Level 2 Level 2 (225 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2012 1:41 AM (in response to KathrynG)

    KathrynG wrote:

     

    Yes I know they have that disclaimer on their website, but I also think they must have had an inkling as to what was up with Apple and their upgrades and if they could not keep up they should have taken the product off the market. Just one small voice crying in the wilderness.

     

    It is a fact of life that software is only guaranteed to work for the specified operating system.  And operating systems keep updating.  And many companies can't keep up despite the best intentions. And programmers get old too. For example, Quickeys got stuck with incompatibility when its primary programmer died. Spell Catcher ended development and was incompatible with Mac OS X Mountain Lion when its author died. PageSender stopped development years ago when its company decided to stop development. But at least they keep it available for olders operating systems and give the disclaimer that it isn't supported past Mac OS X 10.6.

     

    Unsanity did have the disclaimer on their website that it was not compatible with the latest Mac OS X.

     

    However, it is still useful to keep on the market for those people who run older versions of Mac OS X which are compatible with their software.

  • Marianco1 Level 2 Level 2 (225 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2012 1:42 AM (in response to KathrynG)

    KathrynG wrote:

     

    Will do - but will keep checking here and of course searching myself to see if anyone does come out with a similar product. As a conceptual artist it was wonderful being able to keep my projects easily visible with the coloured folders and since it was so successful at what it did, I would think that someone else would be able to come up with something similar and which I would happily pay for.

     

    You can use Pathfinder to replace the Finder and get colored folders back again.

  • itasarah Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2012 9:49 AM (in response to Marianco1)

    To KathrynG:

     

    Perhaps you missed my earlier posting: There is a similar product out called Windowmizer. I may have spelled it wrong before. It supposedly is in the apple app store. I did find it from the developer site and I ordered it from the developer sit. It is pretty good. It is not a hoax so in a way it has to be open all the time to work, but it does work.Here are a couple places on google. Apparently the developer is working on perfecting and will come out with updates soon according to a poster on another board (maybe this one, can't remember) where I heard about this. I bought it because I was so tired of Unsanity wasting my time and money. Meanwhile I had gotten used to using mission control but it really didn't do what window shade did. So far I like the new Windowmizer.

     

    1. Mac App Store - WindowMizer

       

      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/windowmizer/id532091278?mt=12Jul 6, 2012 – Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about WindowMizer on the Mac App Store. Download WindowMizer for [?]

       

    2.  

       

       

       

      Download WindowMizer

      mac.softpedia.com › UtilitiesJul 8, 2012 – WindowMizer is a simple yet powerful Mac OS X productivity utility that brings back OS 8's "minimize-in-place" feature for all your windows: with ...


    3.  

       

       

       

  • William Donelson Level 4 Level 4 (2,495 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2012 1:05 AM (in response to itasarah)

    I do know that a while back Unsanity asked for pre-orders on Haxies for Lion...

     

    I paid and have heard nothing since.

     

    This is fraud.

  • oxcart Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

    In fact, they are still making the following offer on their web site, which I copy and paste:

     

    *****************

    OCT 8, 2011

    From now until the end of December 1st, 2011, we are giving everyone a 45% discount on all our software. Supplies will not run out.

    Just use coupon code LION-PREPARE when checking out. Final discounted price is shown right before purchase. Do not combine with lower discounts.

    ****************************

     

    I don't know if this is what you are refering to.  However, it does seem misleading to call the coupon 'lion prepare' even though it says nothing specific about lioin.  Not exactly fraud but one could certainly be misled.

     

    From the little I know about sandboxing, it seems hightly unlikely that they will be able to offer the haxie for ML.  But you never know... a delay of a year is par for the course for Unsanity.  Perhaps the name is apt.

  • Gordon A Bonnel Level 1 Level 1 (95 points)

    Stephen, unable to reply to your old post re Eudora so I'm taking this round about way. I am wondering what you finally did to overcome queueing problems with mail.  I do a newsletter for 2000 folks and my ISP will only allow 100 addresses/message and only 500/hour....so I que with hour delay between and then let computer do the rest....I'm staying with Lepoard only because Eudora will not work at all past that.

  • MlchaelLAX Level 4 Level 4 (1,530 points)

    I personally do not have any experience with WindowShade, but here is one user that has found a solution to continue its use in the post-Snow Leopard world:

     

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16317317&postcount=309

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.