Currently Being ModeratedNov 7, 2012 11:05 AM (in response to Contrabnd)
Try the following:
In Settings on your iPhone/iPad open "Mail, Contacts, Calendar'. On the right tip on your .me account. A popup window appears. Again tip on your .me account. A new popup window appears. Edit the 'Description' field and type in whatever your accounts name should be. Press 'Done' and again press 'Done'.
Just tried it and it worked for me.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 7, 2012 12:42 PM (in response to Contrabnd)
Hmmm...sorry....I tried this both on my iPad 3 and my iPhone 4s running iOS 6.0.1 and it worked as advertised. I will think about it but can not promise anything....
Currently Being ModeratedNov 7, 2012 2:45 PM (in response to ecpa)
I found a workaround.
Had to completely remove the .me account from the phone.
It asked to deleted all contacts, pictures associated with the acct.
I did, then I logged back in, intalling the .me acct back on, the contacts came back and the account name is now "icloud" as shown correctly in the description.