Currently Being ModeratedNov 8, 2012 12:17 PM (in response to producer_man)
There are several possible reasons for the out of memory error. These are the most common:
1. You have still images that are either CMYK instead of RGB or larger that 4000 pixels on a side,
2. h.264 (or other not for editing) footage in the timeline
3. your project file is overloaded with old sequences and taxing all the ram
4. You haven't restarted the computer in a number of days.
If none of these is the case, try rendering small portions at a time.
EDIT: forgot to add corrupt media.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 9, 2012 12:18 AM (in response to producer_man)
Just a thought
• Start-Up (Mac OS) Hard Disk - How much free space on this one (others of No interest) ?
As Mac OS is UNIX - it behaves likewise -and need space for lot's of .temp files. Only place to store these are on the boot drive - can not be addressed elsewhere.
So my minimum is
• 25GB free space - If interlaced SD-Video material is used
• 4-5 times more for - progressive HD-material
When material is added, edited and done - So one use to include extra space for raw-material and editing's.
50 to 300-400 GB is not an un-common need from start.
Yours Bengt W