1 23 24 25 26 27 Previous Next 528 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 2:45 PM by andytvcams Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 360. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Mac3154 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I recently decided to dish out double the money for a Macintosh that has more or less the same specs as my other option I was considering: Toshiba Windows.  I did this because I aways hear that Apple is a very honorable company.  So, though I don't know much about this current iPAD issue and whether it is justified or not, I do hope that Apple will continue to be the most honorable computer company.

  • 361. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    ASFMon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Agreed... Apple should listen and provide an upgrade path for iPad 3 customers.  Perhaps compensation equal to the decreased resell value of the iPad 3, so customers are made whole.  I recently purchased two iPhone 5s, but this is my last Apple purchase unless the company responds.  Your customers want to see Apple succeed, however this backlash may impact your profitability in the long run. 

  • 362. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    davidfromguildford Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    The key thing, if you do want to buy an apple product, whatever you do, you MUST buy direct from apple. They have a 14 day exchange policy, which for the ipad 3 issue they stretched to 30 days. Here in the UK I bought an ipad 20 days before the ipad 4 was released from  an apple reseller, pcworld, in the curryspcworld dixons group. They absolutely refused to match the apple customer service. Buyer beware. Even apple turned me away, saying I had bought from a reseller, go to the reseller they said.

  • 363. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    davidfromguildford Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Are you guys aware that apple, the biggest company in the world, it's share price has slumped 20% since September. And there is now a bear market for appl shares.

  • 364. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Wayne 2e0bvj Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Doesn't surprise me really.Did not realise they had by 20%. I heard they dropped 2% just after the mini was launched..That's quite a large amount in any ones books..Just goes to show in the current climate no company is safe regardless of how big they may be..

  • 365. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Wayne 2e0bvj Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    ASFMON have you tried to resell a iPad 3 ?? I have and not one enquiry & the price was cheaper than they sold 2nd hand before this .When I sold my iPad 2 the phone never stopped ringing..This just goes to show how dropping the iPad 3 has seriously affected its value....

  • 366. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    Wayne 2e0bvj wrote:

     

    have you tried to resell a iPad 3 ?? I have and not one enquiry

    It must be in bad shape. I sold mine last month and almost got full price for it. That's why I save the box and everything that comes with it, it increases the resale value. I did the same thing for my iPod. People like to think that they're getting a bargain and those little things greatly help.

  • 367. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    davidfromguildford wrote:

     

    Are you guys aware that apple, the biggest company in the world, it's share price has slumped 20% since September.

    That is pretty disingenuous. That's 20% from their record high, not normal levels. For the most part ALL stocks have fallen and it's because of the situation in Greece.

     

    http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/U-S-Stocks-Fall-to-Lowest-Level -Since-August-4021156.php

  • 368. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Wayne 2e0bvj Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    Why must it be in bad shape??.Its in perfect shape not a mark on it.I always save boxes ,I even have all the internal packaging too.Its had a apple cover on it since day one too..I have not had a single enquiry let alone any one looking at it..Obviously you sold you're iPad before apple dropped it altogether..

     

    I used to buy and sell amateur radio communications equipment and am fully aware how keeping boxes ect increases the resale value..I look after all my gear regardless so that throws you're theory of it must be in bad shape out the window..

  • 369. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,030 points)

    "if you do want to buy an apple product, whatever you do, you MUST buy direct from apple."

    Baloney.  Absolutely untrue.  Liar, liar pants on fire.  There are many dealers, distributors, and resellers from which you can buy an Apple product.

  • 370. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    mickeyau Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    why are posts relevant to this thread topic being deleted? Come on Apple, can't stand a bit of constructive criticism? My points were valid, that being you obviously do not teach or advise resellers about your own products with any due care and as a result users are being left in the lurch. I'm stuck with a week old ipad3 thanks to such practices.

  • 371. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    mickeyau wrote:

     

    why are posts relevant to this thread topic being deleted?

    No constructive posts have been deleted. The only ones that were removed were posts where the whiners were just bellyaching for no reason.

     


    mickeyau wrote:

     

    Come on Apple, can't stand a bit of constructive criticism?

     

    Are you blind? The fact that this thread is still here proves that Apple allows criticism when it's constructive! Key word 'constructive'.

     

    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constructive

     


    mickeyau wrote:

     

    I'm stuck with a week old ipad3 thanks to such practices.

     

    That's a retailers decision not Apples. Apple offers certified training on their products (http://training.apple.com/act) and A.C.T. is just one example of this, but they cannot force anyone (or any store) to attend. Contact the store in question and not Apple regarding your problem. Apple also has strict guidelines that all authorized retailers must follow (https://locate.apple.com) It's not Apples job to police all of their retailers. In fact it's not ANY manufactures job to police their retailers. However, if you feel that a authorized retailer is not following those guidelines, then I'm sure that Apple would be happy if you reported them via the proper channels. Whining here won't solve your problem. If it doesn't involve a retailer and your iPad is broke then get it fixed. If it isn't broke and still works then use it as you originally intended. Apple has done nothing to alter its function. If it works but you no longer want it then sell it. Seriously, this isn't rocket science, these are your decisions to make. Pick one like a big girl and quite bellyaching already. Hope that helps

  • 372. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,030 points)

    "I'm stuck with a week old ipad3 thanks to such practices."

    That's not true.  Apple allows you to return an item within 15 days.  If you chose not to return the iPad, that's completely up to you.

  • 373. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    stephenksmith Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    It depends.  Has to be through Apple or Apple Store.  Mine was purchased through Ingram Micro (Distribution Channel) and I am unable to return it.  Apple will not assist.  I have tried multiple times.  Just disappointed.  Lots of great suggestions on this forum regarding credits, etc.. And I would be willing to pay a delta between my ipad3 and the new ipad4 but selling through Gazelle or other used market yields too little for it to make sense.  The new Qualcomm chipset for LTE and the A6 processor are more than enough reason to be disappointed with the lack of heads up on the new model.

  • 374. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Count me in as disappointed. I bought the 64GB ipad3 with wifi expecting that apple would come up with a software solution to this as it was not working at all in the EU. Instead they make my purchase obsolete, diminishes the resale value and make all iPad 3 customers look like idiots. Apple should admit their mistake with the iPad 3 which was sold under false promises of 4G internet (in the EU at least) and offer some kind of official compensation, return/trade plan for the disappointed iPad 3 owners. This is called customer-care Apple! It's one thing to make a new improved version, but to make the old version obsolete that's a new one Apple.

    With releases every 6 months who in their right mind would pay a premium price for a piece of technology that you will only be truly satified with for 6 months? Only religious Apple fans, but unfortunately I don't think Apple can live of these alone in the long run...

1 23 24 25 26 27 Previous Next