HT4232: Apple ID: Security and your Apple IDLearn about Apple ID: Security and your Apple ID
Currently Being ModeratedNov 9, 2012 4:08 AM (in response to rashid hussain)
To use itunes for Ur iPhone click http://www.apple.com/itunes/how-to/#video-sync
Setting up syncing
Before setting up syncing you should download and install the latest version of iTunes. Wi-Fi syncing requires iTunes 10.5 or later and iOS 5 or later. You can change your sync options at any time. Each time you sync, content is synced between your iOS device and computer to reflect new, updated, or deleted content.
- Open iTunes.
- Connect the iOS device to your computer using the included USB cable and select it in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side:
Some tabs may not appear if you do not have corresponding content in your library. For example, if you do not have any podcasts in your library, the corresponding Podcast tab will not appear.
- Click Apply, in the lower-right corner of the screen, to sync.
- Open iTunes
- To set up Wi-Fi syncing, connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable. Select your device under Devices on the left-hand side.
- In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi".
- Whenever the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when all of the following are true:
- The iOS device is plugged in to power
- iTunes is open on the computer
- The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network
- While the iOS device appears in the left-hand column of iTunes, you can select the content tabs and configure sync options.
- Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.
If the iOS device does not appear in the Devices section or you are unable to sync, please see this article for troubleshooting.
What you can sync
- Audio content—music, podcasts, audiobooks, and iTunes U content
- Movies and TV shows
- Documents (File Sharing apps only)
The first time you sync the Info tab with your iOS device, you are asked if you want to merge data, replace data on the service, or replace the data on your computer from the following applications:
- Mac: Address Book, iCal, Microsoft Entourage, or Microsoft Outlook 2011
- PC: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Addressbook (XP) and Windows Contacts (Vista and Windows 7)