Currently Being ModeratedNov 10, 2012 12:25 PM (in response to tknowles)
I would definitely call Apple again. They have always treated me right.
What is the problem exactly?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 10, 2012 12:40 PM (in response to tknowles)
+1.... BUYER BEWARE -- THIS IS AN INTEL HD4000 GPU ISSUE, NOT LIKELY TO BE FIXED. TAKE YOUR MACHINE BACK WITHIN THE REFUND PERIOD.
Intel has known about this flickering screen issue since June and has not resolved the issue. Apple is depending on Intel for a fix, and is likely not going to happen. Get your refund if you can!
Intel forum on the issue: http://communities.intel.com/message/171244
Go to the last page and see that Intel claimed a fix was made in release of MRC 1.5, but users still reporting issue.
I'm taking mine back Monday am!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 10, 2012 1:17 PM (in response to calvol)
They did'nt care when I phone them up. I can't say I'm surpised this is Apple Iphone 4 again where they fob people off with rubber band around their phone.
Like I said don't Apple fob you off with a faulty product they are only delaying with feedback because they want the sales and for people to expire their refund policy date.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 10, 2012 2:30 PM (in response to tknowles)
The screen blanking and the washed out colours have really started to annoying me now. I thought I could live with it until a fix is released, but after looking into it further it does seem to be hardware issue affecting the HDMI port on the Intel HD4000 on-board graphics. It's affecting Windows, Linux and now Mac OSX users who are using HDMI. Intel have tried to fix, but they are not any closer to a permanent fix and I don't think Intel will release a working fix before the next Haswell processor upgrades, they have already been trying for the past 5 months.
I will be doing the same and returning for a refund. I purchased online with Applecare and for some reason I can't select Applecare to return and refund, i can select Mac Mini. I'll have to call them before my cutoff date (13th Nov.) to get RMA for Mini and Applecare.
Like the saying goes "once bitten, twice shy". I'll wait before all the bug/issues have been ironed out before I purchase another Mac desktop/laptop product again at launch. I have a MBP (early 2011) with mountain Lion and will use that in clamshell mode.
Apple have really made a fiasco with last few releases i.e. Mountain Lion battery issues, IOS 6 maps and now this, to name a few. Where have their Quality control and testing gone before release. They are turning into another Microsoft, getting the end users to test and report bugs.