HT1338: OS X: Updating OS X and Mac App Store appsLearn about OS X: Updating OS X and Mac App Store apps
Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2012 6:09 PM (in response to AMPmeUp)
Snow Leopard/10.6.x Requirements...
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of memory (I say 4GB at least, more if you can afford it)
* 5GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)
* DVD drive for installation
* Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
* Some features require Apple’s MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
Which apps work with Mac OS X 10.6?...
It's been pulled from the online store & Apple Stores, so you have to call Apple to buy it, last I heard.
Call Apple Sales...in the US: 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or Support... 1-800-275-2273
Currently Being ModeratedNov 13, 2012 6:35 AM (in response to AMPmeUp)
1) Make sure your computer meets Snow Leopard technical specifications - http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575 This mostly means making sure it is an Intel Mac (yours is) and has at least 1GB RAM (more is recommended). To check RAM, go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac". Now continue to "More Info...". It should say you have at least 1GB of "memory".
2) Apple no longer carries 10.6 in its stores or online. Telephone Apple to purchase a Snow Leopard disc. In the USA: (800) 676-2775 (contact information for other countries: http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57)
Alternatively you can buy from online retailers but anticipate paying much more than the original price which is the price still charged by Apple
3) Backing up your computer before upgrading is always a good idea.
4) After installing from the DVD, update your Snow Leopard installation using Software Update or manually downloading and installing the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v.1.1 - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points