Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2012 6:45 PM (in response to tperriguey)
Hi - with some more info maybe someone can help - what is the model number of the Express? - is the PC a laptop with wireless? - and how are you trying to use the Express? - as a primary router or behind another router?
Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2012 6:55 PM (in response to CRMDVM)
The PC is not a laptop with wireless, as stated above. That's why I'm needing to use the Airport Express. It is not the primary router. I am in an apartment building trying to access the free wi-fi Internet. The Airport model number is A1264.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2012 7:15 PM (in response to tperriguey)
Thanks for the update - sorry I missed the point about the PC not being wilreless - see this post from guru Bob Timmons - it applies to the Express as well - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4501722?tstart=0
Currently Being ModeratedNov 12, 2012 9:04 PM (in response to tperriguey)
Please check this link again - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4501722?tstart=0 - Bob added an addendum on Expresses connectivity that may help you.
Currently Being ModeratedNov 13, 2012 11:10 AM (in response to CRMDVM)
I acknowledge and appreciate the information. Nevertheless, by all rights I should be able to communicate with my AE using my current equipment, and yet I cannot. I cannot configure my AE to Join, Extend, or anything! Boy, I wish I had my Mac back!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 13, 2012 11:34 AM (in response to tperriguey)
I do not have a PC here running XP to test, but if I did I would do the following:
1) Turn off the Windows Firewall in the Control Panel
2) Temporarily disable the anti-virus software
3) Perform a Factory Default Reset on the AirPort Express
4) Connect the Express using Ethernet, open AirPort Utility to see if it will connect to the Express
5) If still no luck, in AirPort Utility, click on the File menu in the upper left corner of the screen and select Configure Other. Enter 10.0.1.1 for the IP address and "public" (without the quotes) as the password
If still no luck, the HP is likely running some other applications that may be interfering with the connection. I assume that the AirPort Express is not defective and the Ethernet port on the PC is operational.