Skip navigation

RIP, iPad 3

81699 Views 1,216 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2013 8:17 PM by Meg St._Clair RSS
  • Bobo123a Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 12:14 PM (in response to NomusaMagic)

    Your capacity for hypocrisy is astounding. What new or useful information have you brought to this thread?!

  • NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 12:18 PM (in response to MyMac8MyPC)

    MyMac ... I am wildly appreciative that you are not only the worlds's foremost Apple expert, but are also a leading SME on medical malpractice. Care does NOT have to be outside what's reasonable or below any regional or national best practice guideline to STILL result in things gone wrong ... HOWEVER, I would submit that what has happened here is "below the accepted standard" and ALSO ethically evil.

     

    Re me "supposedly being a nurse", State of Michigan Bureau of Licensing seems to think so. Its public record 4704109*** Expiration date 3/13/14. While you're at it, u can also research my MBA. And while we're discussing credentials and innovative products and APPLE AS some kind of presumed g*d ....

     

    http://www.universumglobal.com/IDEAL-Employer-Rankings/Global-Top-50

     

    Stockholm, September 20th 2012 – Based on preferences of 144,000 career seekers, with a business or engineering background from the world ́s 12 greatest economies, Universum releases global talent attraction index: “The World’s Most Attractive Employers 2012”; current level of attractiveness that companies have as employers – and therefore their potential to lead the world of tomorrow .... In the business and engineering categories, Google wins for the fourth consecutive year ... “The Google fever is still hot! Students are still attracted by Google ́s re- laxed and creative work environment, international atmosphere and innovative products.

     

    Business List

    1) Google

    4) Microsoft

    ***** 11) APPLE (#8 on Engineering list)

    41) HP

    49) Dell

  • NomusaMagic Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 12:31 PM (in response to Bobo123a)

    Bobo: What are you talking about?? Please define astounding hypocrisy. Not that I actually care but ... I have been COMPLETELY CONSISTENT in that Apple, in my opinion, behaved unethically in shortening the typical lifespan, glossing over why ppl who've dropped darned near a grand shouldn't feel duped, and then remaining publicly silent in the face of their customers ire. The customer care person spent entire call time with me explaining why there's no difference (Apple marketing says twice as good and fast) and why it makes complete sense that the ipad 3 is buried in some deep link in the refurb market and the night of the news release had lost essentially 50% of resale value.

     

    I accept that I bring nothing new or useful here to you and I appreciate you bringing the same here for me.

  • Bobo123a Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 12:33 PM (in response to NomusaMagic)

    "Ethically evil"?? Hahahahaha!!!!! What a drama queen.

     

    You display astounding hypocrisy by criticising others for bringing nothing to the discussion when all you have done is whine.

  • crh24 Level 3 Level 3 (920 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 1:14 PM (in response to NomusaMagic)

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    MyMac ... I am wildly appreciative that you are not only the worlds's foremost Apple expert, but are also a leading SME on medical malpractice. Care does NOT have to be outside what's reasonable or below any regional or national best practice guideline to STILL result in things gone wrong ...

     

    <...>

    Red herring.  It is not legal malpractice for something to 'go wrong' unless negligence is involved. 

     

    That doesn't mean that many administrations won't cave because the total cost of defending the practitioner is often greater than the judgement that would be awarded.

     

     

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    Re me "supposedly being a nurse", State of Michigan Bureau of Licensing seems to think so. Its public record 4704109*** Expiration date 3/13/14. While you're at it, u can also research my MBA. And while we're discussing credentials and innovative products and APPLE AS some kind of presumed g*d ....

    I would never think less for someone being a nurse or even question their claim to be one.  Even though I am a simple retired hardware/software engineer with over 30 years in the industry I do have some 'experience' in the medical field.  I have two sisters who are retired RN's, a daughter-in-law who is a PA-C though she currently isn't practicing because she is raising three very active young boys, and my son is a board certified Emergency Physician and member of the ACEP.

     

    I will say that no one here thinks Apple is 'some kind of presumed g*d', particularly those who have high levels of points attained.  By virtue of the fact that they have answered so many question leads directly to the presumption that Apple isn't perfect--otherwise those questions would never have been asked.

     

    I have read every boring entry in this endless thread, which I wish would be simply deleted as it really serves no technical purpose and this is supposed to be a technical forum though the moderators do allow some divergence from that stated purpose.

     

    Here's my take on the subject, and I am by no means an Apple fanatic.  I like Apple products--or at least some of them--and do not own any Android based systems for one simple reason--I cannot stand malware and Android is rife with it right now.  If this situation ever changes I will reassess the feasibility of acquiring an Android device.

     

    1.  Apple has done absolutely nothing wrong from a legal or ethical viewpoint.  They have always reserved the right to supercede any product at any time and just because they didn't choose to do so as quickly with the iPad in the past in no way makes it unethical or illegal for them to do so now.

     

    2. Many people believe they have a 'right' to be royally upset with Apple because they believe they are entitled to some extra credit for purchasing a product that was superceded more quickly than it has been in the past.  While anyone that the 'right' to feel upset over literally anything, it is an emotional response and not rooted in anything approching legal or logical realms.  Anger and frustration are always emotional responses.

     

    3.  The arguments of those who are upset with Apple will not bring about changes in the way Apple operates, particularly arguments stated in these forums.  While Apple does at times read these forums, they are not widely read by those multitudes who do not have technical problems with Apple devices.  If you wish to have your unhappiness liberally spread around you must vocalize your unhappiness elsewhere.

     

    4.  The way I see it you have a few options:

     

          a. Continue to post your greviences here where you are guaranteeing that, relatively speaking, no one will read them making this a fruitless endeavor.

     

         b. Post on other more widely read forums.  While it isn't too likely that this will get Apple to aceede to your 'demands', whatever they might be, it will get you a larger audience, some of which may actually agree with you and join you in raising a ruckus, and, who knows, you may actually get Apple's attention.

     

         c. Accept the fact that you are emotional over this and move on to more lucrative endeavors.

     

         d. Stop buying products from any company whose products have a short life cycle.  This will guarantee that you never again experience this level of disappointment when purchasing anything--mostly because you will never purchase anything again.

     

        e. Stop buying Apple products.

    iPhone 5, iOS 6, iPad '3' 64GB AT&T (2), iPad 2
  • mylesd Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 1:59 PM (in response to crh24)

    crh24:

     

    Well said.  I would agree totaly. Just to much immature behaviour on this TECHNICAL site.

     

    There are just a few people on this site that appear to dominate the responces.  I for one, have decided to move on to other Apple Community TECHNICAL discussions.  I hope I wont come accross the so called self appointed SME's in this TECHNICAL discussion again.  I have wasted far to much time on worthless banter.  I expected more from Apple people/uses.

     

    Not to mention those of you at Apple who do monitor this site.  Why have you not contected these people and requested this to stop?

     

    TECHNICAL QUESTION:  And Please MyMac8MyPC, please dont not respond, as a gentelmen I ask this of you.  Just move on.

     

    What is the best way to rest my Time Capsule back to factor settings?  I have read the book, so just checking.

     

    Buy...

    crh24 wrote:

     

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    MyMac ... I am wildly appreciative that you are not only the worlds's foremost Apple expert, but are also a leading SME on medical malpractice. Care does NOT have to be outside what's reasonable or below any regional or national best practice guideline to STILL result in things gone wrong ...

     

    <...>

    Red herring.  It is not legal malpractice for something to 'go wrong' unless negligence is involved. 

     

    That doesn't mean that many administrations won't cave because the total cost of defending the practitioner is often greater than the judgement that would be awarded.

     

     

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    Re me "supposedly being a nurse", State of Michigan Bureau of Licensing seems to think so. Its public record 4704109*** Expiration date 3/13/14. While you're at it, u can also research my MBA. And while we're discussing credentials and innovative products and APPLE AS some kind of presumed g*d ....

    I would never think less for someone being a nurse or even question their claim to be one.  Even though I am a simple retired hardware/software engineer with over 30 years in the industry I do have some 'experience' in the medical field.  I have two sisters who are retired RN's, a daughter-in-law who is a PA-C though she currently isn't practicing because she is raising three very active young boys, and my son is a board certified Emergency Physician and member of the ACEP.

     

    I will say that no one here thinks Apple is 'some kind of presumed g*d', particularly those who have high levels of points attained.  By virtue of the fact that they have answered so many question leads directly to the presumption that Apple isn't perfect--otherwise those questions would never have been asked.

     

    I have read every boring entry in this endless thread, which I wish would be simply deleted as it really serves no technical purpose and this is supposed to be a technical forum though the moderators do allow some divergence from that stated purpose.

     

    Here's my take on the subject, and I am by no means an Apple fanatic.  I like Apple products--or at least some of them--and do not own any Android based systems for one simple reason--I cannot stand malware and Android is rife with it right now.  If this situation ever changes I will reassess the feasibility of acquiring an Android device.

     

    1.  Apple has done absolutely nothing wrong from a legal or ethical viewpoint.  They have always reserved the right to supercede any product at any time and just because they didn't choose to do so as quickly with the iPad in the past in no way makes it unethical or illegal for them to do so now.

     

    2. Many people believe they have a 'right' to be royally upset with Apple because they believe they are entitled to some extra credit for purchasing a product that was superceded more quickly than it has been in the past.  While anyone that the 'right' to feel upset over literally anything, it is an emotional response and not rooted in anything approching legal or logical realms.  Anger and frustration are always emotional responses.

     

    3.  The arguments of those who are upset with Apple will not bring about changes in the way Apple operates, particularly arguments stated in these forums.  While Apple does at times read these forums, they are not widely read by those multitudes who do not have technical problems with Apple devices.  If you wish to have your unhappiness liberally spread around you must vocalize your unhappiness elsewhere.

     

    4.  The way I see it you have a few options:

     

          a. Continue to post your greviences here where you are guaranteeing that, relatively speaking, no one will read them making this a fruitless endeavor.

     

         b. Post on other more widely read forums.  While it isn't too likely that this will get Apple to aceede to your 'demands', whatever they might be, it will get you a larger audience, some of which may actually agree with you and join you in raising a ruckus, and, who knows, you may actually get Apple's attention.

     

         c. Accept the fact that you are emotional over this and move on to more lucrative endeavors.

     

         d. Stop buying products from any company whose products have a short life cycle.  This will guarantee that you never again experience this level of disappointment when purchasing anything--mostly because you will never purchase anything again.

     

        e. Stop buying Apple products.

  • retr0tunes Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 5:58 PM (in response to romad)

    One would think that technical advancements result in greater compatability, not less.  Congrats to Apple for being counter-intuitive

  • Philly_Phan Level 6 Level 6 (11,010 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 7:08 PM (in response to mylesd)

    mylesd wrote:

     

    What is the best way to rest my Time Capsule back to factor settings?  I have read the book, so just checking.

    You're obviously a clueless newbie and don't realize that your question belongs in the Time Capsule forum.  Since you don't believe "the book" (whatever you mean by that), perhaps someone there can help you with your checkkng.

  • MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2012 3:07 PM (in response to NomusaMagic)

    NomusaMagic wrote:

     

    I would submit that what has happened here is "below the accepted standard" and ALSO ethically evil.

    You do know the difference between an opinion and a fact dont you? While some people like you only deal in opinions, companies only deal in facts. Most people will look at two sides of an argument and make their decision based on facts, but it’s obvious that people like you and mylesd start out with your own conclusion, and then look for things to back that biased conclusion up. Maybe that’s why you both come across as being so immature, condescending, arrogant and hypocritical. I’m not surprised that neither of you have a kind or understanding bone in your body. If you did then neither of you would be coming here with your haughty attitude. Actually discussing something like an adult would be uncomfortable for you. If people dont agree with you then you turn your nose up at them and throw rude belittling remarks their way. Neither one of you has ever posted any facts regarding Apple doing any wrong doing. And when anyone else posts facts proving your little emotional outburst are wrong - you both just whine and belittle all the more. This has been both of your histories in this thread. That’s a fact, not an opinion.

     

    So right here and right now prove your point NomusaMagic. What - FACTUALLY - has Apple done that was “below the accepted standard” as you put it? CRH24 hit the nail on the head when they said “Apple has done absolutely nothing wrong from a legal or ethical viewpoint. They have always reserved the right to supersede any product at any time and just because they didn't choose to do so as quickly with the iPad in the past, it in no way makes it unethical or illegal for them to do so now.” (emphasis mine).

     

    Time for you to put up or shut up NomusaMagic. Try to be a big girl and, by using facts, prove your point that Apple was “below the accepted standard” by releasing an improved product. By using facts, prove that Apple was “ethically evil” (as you put it) by releasing an improved product. If you cant do that, then that, in and of itself, speaks volumes and might just be the reason why everyone else in this thread says that you're just whining. Why not just accept the fact that you are fueled not by facts of any kind, but by emotions, and realize that you are simply one of those people who shouldnt be buying high-tech products because you're just too easily addicted to always having the latest and greatest toy. My guess is that you wont even try to prove either of your accusations quoted above, and instead just post more rude comments ad nauseam as you and mylesd usually do. Let us know how that’s working out for ya… ((HUG))

  • Iamawesome997 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 3:10 PM (in response to Philly_Phan)

    You know, it doesn't hurt to be nice. If he is, as you stated, a "clueless mewbie", all the more reason you or any other member of this forum should help him with his question. Remember, this is a technical forum and people come here to have questions answered, so if you want to respong to someone's question, please answer their question and not be a total critic.

     

    As for mylesd's question, I have no idea how to reset a time capsule because I have never used one before.

     

     

    Philly_Phan wrote:

     

    mylesd wrote:

     

    What is the best way to rest my Time Capsule back to factor settings?  I have read the book, so just checking.

    You're obviously a clueless newbie and don't realize that your question belongs in the Time Capsule forum.  Since you don't believe "the book" (whatever you mean by that), perhaps someone there can help you with your checkkng.

  • MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 3:52 PM (in response to Iamawesome997)

    Iamawesome997 wrote:

     

    people come here to have questions answered

    Ordinarily you would be right, but mylesd did not come here to ask technical questions. The fact that she deliberately excluded's certain people from answering questions is proof of that, plus well intended people do not use one thread to ask multiple questions on various topics. They ask their questions in the appropriate section of the forum, which she has never done. Philly_Phan was 100% right with his response and directed her to the appropriate Time Capsule forum, but oh, surprise, surprise, guess what, she never followed his advice. That's because she came here to whine and not learn about products.

  • mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 5:49 PM (in response to Philly_Phan)

    Phil, I was being flippant.

  • mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 5:50 PM (in response to Iamawesome997)

    People in this Apple Community do not have any social grace.....give it up.  You can see by the fact that this continues as does the name calling.  Immature and childish.

  • mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 6:00 PM (in response to MyMac8MyPC)

    MyMac8MyPC, I asked that you not answer a question because you appear to be the self appointed SME, and your actions are childish.  No reason to listen to you any longer.

     

    Also, I am a man not a women just FYI.

     

    So, again, please exclude me from further connections to this technical Q&amp;A.  I see no further value is seeking one persons opinion....from MyMac8MyPC.  I have other ways to get information and technical support from mature technical people.

  • mylesd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 6:03 PM (in response to mylesd)

    One final point, it's not an iPAD 3....it's an iPAD.  Remember folks.  Seeing that everyone wants facts, well it's not something everyone respects I guess.

     

    No need to respond, I'm done here!

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (5)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.