1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next 528 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2013 2:45 PM by andytvcams Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • 390. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Look! I do not expect that Apple will compensate the iPad 3 owners because it will cost them too much. I'm just saying that as a customer I have lost some trust in the company and will think twice the next time I consider buying from Apple, which I wouldn't before.

     

    Why should I blame Broadcom? At least they were honest about their chip not working.

     

    Regarding the stocks, I don't know which planet you live on? A 20 pct drop is huge even in a bear market and not something the shareholders can be happy about. Do you think it would havdropped 20 with SJ still on board?

  • 391. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    In a recent survey up to 45 pct of iPad owners were disappointed with the early launch of the iPad 4

     

    http://arielparconjr.com/2012/10/26/45-of-ipad-owners-disappointed-over-ipad-4-e arly-launch-study-says/

     

    Do you think a company wants a) happy or  b) disappointed customers?

     

    If you choose b I would recommend both you and carl wolf to invest your pension funds in apple shares ASAP.

  • 392. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    ASFMon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    No Wayne, I haven't tried to resell my iPad 3.  I'll sit tight in the hope that Apple will make an announcement.  If that doesn't happen, I'll keep my iPad and purchase a competing product on the next upgrade iteration.

  • 393. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,030 points)

    "I would recommend both you and carl wolf to invest your pension funds in apple shares"

    Great advice.  I got the bulk of my Apple shares in the early-90s, at less than $10/share.  I have divested my shares as part of my normal estate planning, and periodic portfolio rebalancing.  I hope your Facebook equity experiences as much growth.

  • 394. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Wizzy100 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Totally agree, it's so unfair, there should be a law against it , cheers apple ,never again....

  • 395. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    In a recent survey up to 45 pct of iPad owners were disappointed with the early launch of the iPad 4

     

    This so-called "private" survey has already been debunked. First of all they only talked to 2000 people, NOT every iPad owner. Secondly even by their own numbers most iPad owners (65%) were HAPPY with the launch of the iPad 4. Personally, I hope that Apple comes out with the iPad 5 in 6 months

     

     

     

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    Do you think a company wants a) happy or  b) disappointed customers?

    The question you should be asking yourself is do you want a company that sells old tech or the newest high-tech? The quicker the launch, the newer the tech. Simple as that. BTW, since you don't seem to care about the availability of the newest tech then enjoy your Betamax. LOL

  • 396. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Here we go again!

     

    If you knew a little about statistics you would know that there is no need to talk to every iPad owner to make inferences about a population. In regular surveys app. 1.200 respondents represents a population of app. 4 million individuals.  In this case 2.000 respondents were asked. Also 100 pct. minus 45 pct. is 55 pct. not 65 pct.

     

    And to your comment about the old-tech vs. high-tech:

     

    You must be naive to think that Apple releases every new feature the minute it is developed and thus could not have waited the "regular" 12 months before the release of the iPad 4. Apple has always been known for small incremental annual releases, such as higher resolution screen, integrated GPS etc. Nothing ground-breaking but enough to make you want to buy the newest gear. As an example, why do you think that Apple did not include the front HD camera in iPad 3? Was it because it was not invented when the iPad 3 was launched? I don't think so. I'll bet you that Apple has a stuffed pipeline of innovations for both the iPhone and iPad and a plan on how they will be implemented over the next 5-10 years. But of course they will not give you all the good stuff in the same release, because then you would not buy a new phone/iPad every year. this I don't think that many iPad 3 owners will buy the iPad 4 since they have just invented in the iPad 3 recently. If Apple had waited with the release of the iPad 4 until say March 2013 more would probably have sold their iPad 3 and bought an iPad 4 because a once a year technology investment can be justified. With this move people will be more hesistant with their next investment because they don't know for how long it will last.

     

    And FYI Betamax and VHS came out approximately the same time with Betamax actually being the superior format in terms of quality. The reason that VHS won the battle was because it was licensed by JVC to every major electronics consumer company at that time and adopted by the **** industry as the preferred format.

  • 397. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    If you knew a little about statistics you would know that there is no need to talk to every iPad owner to make inferences about a population.

    You don't have to know about statistics, you just need to know about surveys. First of all most survey strategies are conducted across a combination of methods like direct mail, phone, media sampling, etc. This survey was only across one small group and only the person who started the survey knows who was targeted to take the survey. Also, this was NOT a scientific survey, not even close. They used Toluna QuickSurveys which is a free online service open to the public, and no one knows what exclusions were placed on the survey. Only the one person who started the survey knows what the results were, or were not, and even then only that one person could “interprete" the results. If they started the survey with the intention to make Apple look bad, then guess what, they easily could. This so-called survey was bogus in every way, shape and form, and any 13 year old could start a similar “survey” and easily manipulate the results.

     

     


     

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    But of course they will not give you all the good stuff in the same release, because then you would not buy a new phone/iPad every year.

    Of course not. That's not the point and not the reason(s) why they released the iPad 4 when they did. Bottom line: Apple did nothing wrong.

     

     


    JannikMM wrote:

     

    I don't think that many iPad 3 owners will buy the iPad 4 since they have just invented in the iPad 3 recently.

    Well then thank God that it's not about selling just to iPad 3 owners Fact is Apple sold three Million new iPads in the first three days alone. I think they're doing OK

     

     


    JannikMM wrote:

     

    With this move people will be more hesistant with their next investment because they don't know for how long it will last.

    Anyone who would be hesitant because Apple released new product sooner than they normally would probably shouldn't be buying high tech products period, since no manufacture has ever guaranteed when new product would be released.

     


    JannikMM wrote:

     

    And FYI Betamax and VHS came out approximately the same time

    That's not why it was suggested that you enjoy your Betamax, but feel free to ramble on. LOL

  • 398. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I'll ramble on then:

     

    MyMac8MyBrain wrote:

     

    Well then thank God that it's not about selling just to iPad 3 owners Fact is Apple sold three Million new iPads in the first three days alone. I think they're doing OK

     

    How can you say that Apple is doing OK selling three million iPads in the first three days? Do you know what their sales target is?

     

    As you can see here Apple missed its own sales target by 4 million units:

     

    http://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=477332

     

    Is that OK?

  • 399. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    As you can see here Apple missed its own sales target by 4 million units:

     

    LOL You apparently don't know what a analyst is. Apple expected all of these new gadgets to bring down its profits compared to last year. Tim Cook explained how there’s usually a slowdown in the September-ending quarter, and the 14 million iPads sold actually exceeded Apple’s forecast. Analysts, however, had been expecting 17 million. So again, in case you can't grasp that or don't understand, those were analysts projections, not Apples. Big difference. All of the new gadgets are more expensive to make than what they replaced. Plus Apple has introduced MANY new products recently, so the loss in revenues are not a surprise. Apple launched the iPhone 5 around a month ago. Recently, it unveiled the iPad Mini and an upgraded full-size iPad4, plus a new MacBook laptop and two new desktop Macs. Apple stated that they expect a gross profit margin of 36% compared to around 40% from last year, BUT it’s not because of anything that Apple is doing wrong. Sales were hurt in part by slowing growth in China. Growth in the July- September quarter was also slow in economically troubled Europe.

     

    I think you’re the only one crying “the sky is falling”. So to answer your question, YES that's OK. LOL

  • 400. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    JannikMM Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Wow - now I know you're working for Apple!

     

    Do you have any idea why they're called "Analysts"?

     

    It is no surprise that Apple is more optimistic than the market. They are trying to talk their stock up. Luckily we have analysts that can give a more objective picture. And surprise - the analyst projections do take into account the world economy.

     

    And you just proved my point by stating that the loss in revenues is caused by too many product introductions - unless you meant to say loss in profits?

     

    Anyway Apple must be glad to have cheerleaders like yourself who will buy everything they make.

     

    Last words from me in this discussion.

  • 401. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    now I know you're working for Apple!

    Well would you tell them to please send me my first check?

     

     

     

    JannikMM wrote:

     

    It is no surprise that Apple is more optimistic than the market.

    Actually you have it backwards, as Apple routinely lowball's with conservative forecasts. Nice try anyway.

     

     

     


    JannikMM wrote:

     

     

    Apple must be glad to have cheerleaders like yourself who will buy everything they make.

    Android manufactures must be glad to have cheerleaders like yourself who will buy everything they make

  • 402. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    carl wolf Level 6 Level 6 (14,030 points)

    "It is no surprise that Apple is more optimistic than the market."

    Evidently, you did read everything that Apple has released.  If you did, you'd understand the stock situation. Regardless, you and others have complained that Apple did not "pre-announce" the iPad 4.  You're wrong - Apple did pre-announce the replacement product.  Apple also pre-announce the Mini, the new iMac, and...and...and it did it for a reason.  This requires speculation and, although speculation is generally not allowed, let's see what happens.  If Apple did not pre-announce, approximately 12 million products (iPads and other things), could have been returned immediately following the holidays.  Rather than face that, Apple bit the bullet, foregoing 30-60 days of sales (depending upon the actual product availability).  In reaction to the possibility of lost sales, the stock dropped.  The Jan-Mar quarter is going to be absolutely stellar.

     

    "Last words from me in this discussion."

    God bless America!

  • 403. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    Wizzy100 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Load of crap, I don't care about the politics what stock they got etc... My god what planet are you from.

    I care about getting a good deal for my money etc ... If I go out and see a sign saying NEW ipad here for £399 If I'm interested ill buy it, because it says the NEW ipad one would guess this is the latest one , maybe the word NEW had something to do with that...

    You would not then one week later expect a new model to come out .. All ok if your rich.. Cause then you don't care...

    I agree technology is great when it comes out quickly , better for us, but it obvious to me that this new ipad 4 was already waiting there when they brought out the ipad 3....

  • 404. Re: Apple screws Ipad 3 customers with iPad 4
    MyMac8MyPC Level 4 Level 4 (1,440 points)

    Wizzy100 wrote:

     

    I care about getting a good deal for my money

    Then buy the refurbished product. Same product. Same warranty. Incredible value.

     

     


    Wizzy100 wrote:

     

    because it says the NEW ipad one would guess this is the latest one

     

    You just proved your own mistake. There is a difference between guessing and knowing. If you make assumptions and guess, you might, or might not be right about something. SO if purchasing the truly latest version of something was really important to you then you would research it first, and not guess. I agree that Apples naming of the iPads is illogical, but it is still YOUR responsibility to know what you're buying before you buy it. All products have part numbers (and not just names, for example; MC775LL/A). There are around 18 different variants for the iPad 4 (color, size, wi-fi, cellular, etc). If you just look for the word "new" then that's not very smart on your part. If you guess that you got the right model, based on assumptions, then that's your mistake. Good lord show some responsibility for NOT doing your research, and for making your own mistakes. 

1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next