Okay. My old iPod shuffle was stolen. I replaced it with a brand new 4th gen shuffle, purchased directly from the Apple online store. It arrived today.
It will not charge. It is not recognized by the computer. I did go through all of the checklists that are on the Apple website:
- yes, the charging cord is plugged in all the way into the shuffle
- yes, the computer has USB 2.0 ports (lots of them)
- yes, I tried every port (6)
- yes, I rebooted my machine and tried this without anything plugged into the computer except the mouse/keyboard
- yes, I "reset" the shuffle
- yes, I have the latest version of iTunes on this computer, and up and running
This is stupid. I see a lot of posts on here about this same issue. And yes, some of them have been solved with simple fixes. But I have never had a problem like this before with Apple products. They tell me there is an Apple store in town, so I guess I will have to return it.
Is there any other magic fixes for this that anyone is aware of?