Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Shortcut key for an unusual word

941 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 7:36 PM by brettinnz RSS
brettinnz Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 15, 2012 5:17 PM

In Pages, if I want to repeatedly use a foreign word which has an accent in, is there some way I can set up a shortcut to that with a key combo I can insert that word? It will save me always going to the special characters panel all the time. Thanks. Brett

Mac mini (Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Pages '90 ver 4.2
  • Walt K Level 4 Level 4 (2,895 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 7:26 PM (in response to brettinnz)

    Sure is. Pages > Preferences > Auto-Correction. Enter your shortcut in the Replace column and your unusual word in the With column. Now when you type the shortcut followed by a space, you’ll get your word. Of course, this only works in Pages. If you want it to be universal, you’ll need another app such as SimpleKeys or TypeIt4Me.




More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.